Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 7:18 pm

I loved my Botany and Zoology class!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 9:00 pm

The smell.....walking into a school,even at 43,still makes me nausous.School food.....I lived on M&Ms.Walking to each class....very loud and I was very self-aware even though I would try and walk and read at the same time to avoid ...."eyes".

Things I liked(collective gasp),English,Psych,Biology and a few guys I liked staring at.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2007, 9:01 pm

I love group projects, personally, but I hate all the pressure associated with school dances. If I go I feel awful internal pressure and conflict--but if I don't I feel external pressure. What to do? Helpless.

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2007, 9:30 pm

I always found school dances stupid and pointless. the only one I partially enjoyed was senior prom but that was because I had good friends there and the food wasn't half bad. The only other high school dance I went to was freshman homecoming I stayed maybe an hour and vowed never to return, the music was horrible, there wasn't any food, and sitting on the bleachers while couples made out in the dark above wasn't my idea of fun. :)

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 9:39 pm

OMG! all of them. Plus having the ever present and sometimes carried out threat of having the c**p beat out of me by NTs. (why did they even care?)

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 9:40 pm

P.E. hands down.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 9:44 pm

The worst part of school at all levels for me were the non-academic parts, such as gym class. I hated dressing for gym class. Also, as I was a terrible athlete, it was not fun for me.

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2007, 9:52 pm

I hated PE because I also was not athletic and my class mates would always get mad at me when I didn't attempt to hit the ball in volley ball. Why the heck would I reach out and hit a hard ball flying at my face at lightning speed? No thanks, I'm moving out of the way! Besides I never could quite tell where the dumb thing was going to go, a ball has to hit the ground once before I can get enough of a fix on it to atempt a hit. Unfortunately, poor motor skills isn't a good enough excuse for peers. I'm so glad that PE isn't required in college.

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 9:56 pm

As I stated in another post, I also hated the times when there was absolutely no academic learning going on. It made me wonder why I went to school that day. If I had known that I wouldn't be doing anything but sitting around that day, I would have stayed home and studied. I hated times when the teacher wasn't in the room. Kids would run amok in the classroom, throwing things and tipping over desks.

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 10:05 pm

9CatMom wrote:
As I stated in another post, I also hated the times when there was absolutely no academic learning going on. It made me wonder why I went to school that day. If I had known that I wouldn't be doing anything but sitting around that day, I would have stayed home and studied. I hated times when the teacher wasn't in the room. Kids would run amok in the classroom, throwing things and tipping over desks.

sounds like a nice class.
when i was in highschool (i finished like 2 weeks ago :D) i was in a program called IB. the other IB students where very serious about school and mature people. after grade 9, i really noticed a dif in how people acted. the teachers trusted us so much they left classroom during tests and s**t. they trusted us to do things a lvl2 (average class) could never do, and let us get away w/ small things like having food/drink in science lab. also IB classes never had classes of no work, but i did have classes of no work :D. i was probably the most lazy person in my class, yet i had marks in the 90s because it was so easy for me. not english, that was always barely a pass, and i knew the teachers where pushing me through even though i should have failed. but thats only because i was so good at math and sciences they didnt want it to hold me back. in grade 9 i had failed english, but in grade 10 i did so well in math and physics first semester they pushed me through and let me take the ib classes i wanted.
thats all you gotta do in highschool, is find the classes w/ the mature non-retarded people. they are generally nicer too.
i remember one time on "pi day" in math, we had pie! lol it was so ret*d but it was a class about pi, and a nice break from calculus, though i liked calculus. anyways there was lots of pie left over, so everyone had seconds and thirds. me being the pig i am went for 4ths, but there was only 1 peace left. 1 of my classmates had got there first and said "oh you can have it" so i said "oh u take it" and we had 1 of those "u go" "no u go" "i insist" "its ok" etc until finally i caved and took the pie :D

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 10:10 pm

WOW! Beauty Within did what I did, and feels the same way.

Yeah, With GROUP projects, you often need some type of cooperation that never comes, and there are ALWAYS more discussions than there should be.

With PE, there is the idea of coordination, and just doing things you don't feel comfortable doing, and the idea of group showers!?!? Besides, it can make for some bad experiences if one wants to tease/hurt you.

I'll tell you ONE thing.... I had this one PE teacher I HATED and he was showing us how to do a standing broad jump. This happened when I was about 7 or 9. OH BOY! He ended up showing us how such a relatively minor thing could HURT you! He ended up damaging his knee, and having to have surgery. I think he ripped some ligaments and tore his miniscus.

Steve

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 10:24 pm

I also hated lunch time because I didn't have any one to sit with. I felt like a freak for not having close friends. Everytime I starting becoming friends with someone, they'd move away to another town or state or school district. And my mom was very judgmental about my friends, too. That didn't help.

My husband is my best friend now. And I am close to my kids and my family. So all is good : )

out of control, & at times
hard to handle.
But if you can't handle
me at my worst,
then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 10:25 pm

matt271 wrote:
9CatMom wrote:

sounds like a nice class.
when i was in highschool (i finished like 2 weeks ago :D) i was in a program called IB. the other IB students where very serious about school and mature people. after grade 9, i really noticed a dif in how people acted. the teachers trusted us so much they left classroom during tests and s**t. they trusted us to do things a lvl2 (average class) could never do, and let us get away w/ small things like having food/drink in science lab. also IB classes never had classes of no work, but i did have classes of no work :D. i was probably the most lazy person in my class, yet i had marks in the 90s because it was so easy for me. not english, that was always barely a pass, and i knew the teachers where pushing me through even though i should have failed. but thats only because i was so good at math and sciences they didnt want it to hold me back. in grade 9 i had failed english, but in grade 10 i did so well in math and physics first semester they pushed me through and let me take the ib classes i wanted.
thats all you gotta do in highschool, is find the classes w/ the mature non-retarded people. they are generally nicer too.
i remember one time on "pi day" in math, we had pie! lol it was so ret*d but it was a class about pi, and a nice break from calculus, though i liked calculus. anyways there was lots of pie left over, so everyone had seconds and thirds. me being the pig i am went for 4ths, but there was only 1 peace left. 1 of my classmates had got there first and said "oh you can have it" so i said "oh u take it" and we had 1 of those "u go" "no u go" "i insist" "its ok" etc until finally i caved and took the pie :D

MAN, YOU WERE LUCKY! I don't think they had IBs when I was in school. I was given the option to skip grades, and I should have, but figured it would just make things harder "socially". I just got bored, and just let things slide. For a while though, I was like you. I never did any homework, but they pushed me along(With mostly straight As, the rest were Bs) because I did so well on the tests.

That is the problem with this world. Maybe the last peace was taken. 8-( Sorry, couldn't resist the pun, with the misspelling and all. 8-)

It has LONG been my assertion that they should offer EVERYONE almost like a buffet of options, but with minimum criteria. Those that meet the minimum can then work on something else they like better, or work towards a goal. INSTEAD, school tends towards mediocrity. Everyone is only SUPPOSED to reach a minimum goal. If they meet it, they are kept from succeeding. If they DON'T meet it, they will probably be pushed ahead ANYWAY!

Steve

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 10:27 pm

I didn't like the people all that much. But,generally,I dislike public speaking,group projects,the noisy,crowded hallways and lunchroom,and the desks.

-SpaceCase

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 11:05 pm

I hated P.E. classes

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 11:41 pm

Same thing I hate about everything else, the people in it :wink: