Do you watch the Winter Olympics in Sochi ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 12:04 pm

I'm not really.
Although my country, Poland issued a team ski jumping, with whom we place our hopes for medals. Justyna Kowalczyk is also who will take part in cross-country skiing women. 4 years ago at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, won the gold medal, the first Polish gold medal at the Olympic winter in 30 years :-)

Poland gained a lot of gold medals at the Summer Olympic Games, but we are out of luck when it comes to Winter Olympics.

As regards Justyna Kowalczyk, she also has bad luck, a she is injured , I read that doctors discouraged her participation in the Olympics, but nevertheless decided to start, reportedly is on strong painkillers.

But we still ski jumpers, the best of them was 5 on qualifying yesterday. How to try to better today Poland may have a gold medal :-)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

I watch the Sochi games when I have the chance. I admire the women in the skiathlon who have to skate for 9 miles up and down hills. Extremely difficult. I'd pass out from exhaustion.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 3:37 pm

My sister and I watch both the Summer and the Winter Olympics.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:24 pm

I'm watching them. I was unsure about watching at first because of the terrorists' plans and Russia's Anti-Gay policy. I got over those two things and decided to watch them. I've decided to keep my tradition going.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:17 am

No. I'm not watching them due to Russia's anti-gay laws. I don't want to support any TV advertisers that condone that sort of thing.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:45 am

Yes, for me the chance to watch positive human achievement trumps the politics and other negatives.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
No. I'm not watching them due to Russia's anti-gay laws. I don't want to support any TV advertisers that condone that sort of thing.

same here, changing a whole list of items next time I shop even

willa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 7:10 pm

can just never get into the winter olympic games. when the summer are on I have them on 24/7 no matter what events are airing and in the recent games checking the websites while at work and streaming what I can but with the winter it's just kind of 'meh' and if I happen to be on the PC or doing some work around the house I turn 'em on as background noise.