Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:33 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't really understand where you get money for a PS4 if it's all used up. Though it's not really any of my business. But priorities.

I had the money set aside to go visit her. that fell through so it was just sitting there. I thought it over what would be the best thing to do with it for months. I tend to use video games to distract me from depression as well as get joy and past time. so I bought it after 6 months of thinking , at the time I thought there would be more games coming out for it, looking back now I only have 2. still in the long run probably a better purchase then other things .

i could have bought clothes, but the ones i have now work, and i don't find enjoyment in clothes. so i only buy them when needed like socks.

as for getting it, you save little by little. I really really wanted to go see her, so i saved where ever I could. put off doing things so that I could see her.

it also helps that i don't like the money wasters my friends do, smokes, liquor, protein shakes. I don't have any vices to waste my money on, and cause I don't i also don't spend money hanging with them much as that's what they do. this year has been a expensive year for me and i look rich to some, but the past years and years to come won't be so rich like. taxes take 1/4 my income, ssi takes 1/2 of it pre taxes , so once a year I get 1/4 of the whole year's income back. if i had got it with my pay checks i would likely have gone done more stuff maybe.

deodorant and shampoo too, they buy the expensive AXE stuff, I buy the cheap stuff i pay half what they do and it lat longer.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:35 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It's not nice, when someone is smiling and talking to you normally, and you feel something off about them, and watch other people interact with them naturally. Sometimes I will speak with someone once and instantly dislike or like them, regardless of what they've said or done.

It's probably a safe bet to assume most people are wankers. That's what I do, though it's far from healthy as well.

but are you usually right? i mean i've been hurt by people I thought and seemed to be really good people.
can't think of anyone i've felt like that. some people are very rude and mean upfront so i don't like them.

As far as I'm aware, yes. I trip up all the time ignoring my gut because sometimes I want it to be wrong, go against it, and then dealt with what I really knew all along.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:40 am

I know people that bought 2 ps4's 2 xbox ones, and tons of games.

I bought one game and they thought it wierd I wasn't buying tons , I limit myself to 2 a year, so i don't wast money on games that i play once.

I bought a replacement pc this year for my 2008 one, it was open box so only 260 compared to its 500 orignal price.

so over all , save, buy cheap, . I tend to sacrifice doing stuff now for stuff I want in the future. i also avoid fast food.

I have everything i want minus some games that may or may not come out this year. objects don't bring happiness like they did as a kid. this is likely my last console and pc i'll buy. well going use them for 6-8 years, but i'm not much into gaming as i was.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:48 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I don't really understand where you get money for a PS4 if it's all used up. Though it's not really any of my business. But priorities.

I had the money set aside to go visit her. that fell through so it was just sitting there. I thought it over what would be the best thing to do with it for months. I tend to use video games to distract me from depression as well as get joy and past time. so I bought it after 6 months of thinking , at the time I thought there would be more games coming out for it, looking back now I only have 2. still in the long run probably a better purchase then other things .

i could have bought clothes, but the ones i have now work, and i don't find enjoyment in clothes. so i only buy them when needed like socks.

as for getting it, you save little by little. I really really wanted to go see her, so i saved where ever I could. put off doing things so that I could see her.

it also helps that i don't like the money wasters my friends do, smokes, liquor, protein shakes. I don't have any vices to waste my money on, and cause I don't i also don't spend money hanging with them much as that's what they do. this year has been a expensive year for me and i look rich to some, but the past years and years to come won't be so rich like. taxes take 1/4 my income, ssi takes 1/2 of it pre taxes , so once a year I get 1/4 of the whole year's income back. if i had got it with my pay checks i would likely have gone done more stuff maybe.

deodorant and shampoo too, they buy the expensive AXE stuff, I buy the cheap stuff i pay half what they do and it lat longer.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but don't worry, it's none of my business, anyway.
What I meant was if you want something badly enough you can achieve it. If you want to socialize enough, you will put money aside for things like bus fares etc.

If you don't want it badly enough, ok then, but it's unlikely to help your relationship situation.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:51 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It's not nice, when someone is smiling and talking to you normally, and you feel something off about them, and watch other people interact with them naturally. Sometimes I will speak with someone once and instantly dislike or like them, regardless of what they've said or done.

It's probably a safe bet to assume most people are wankers. That's what I do, though it's far from healthy as well.

but are you usually right? i mean I've been hurt by people I thought and seemed to be really good people.
can't think of anyone I've felt like that. some people are very rude and mean upfront so i don't like them.

As far as I'm aware, yes. I trip up all the time ignoring my gut because sometimes I want it to be wrong, go against it, and then dealt with what I really knew all along.

well better then getting hurt by them all. in my world everyone would be honest and kind. we don't live there though

some of my mistakes and my loss is from lending money to people who don't pay it back , family and my ex best friend( who hurt me emotionally for a year, he would complain i didn't go do things with him cause lack of money while he owes me money.) my brother eventually paid me back with a gun now worth more then i lent him, but its a money drainer not money i can use to do stuff. though a kinda fun ongoing Restoration project. recently lent my sister money to buy a 3ds.

reminds me I need to start saving now for Christmas gifts.

know what though I've met a bunch of mean rude people working as a cashier. definitely a mind opener. it is hard to tell by people in person til they talk if they are a far right leaning. some people look nice. I saw this pretty girl at the bus station at school and then she was talking about how people like us should have been killed pre or after birth since we are a useless drain on the system due not being normal. if i hadn't over heard that I'd thought she was a nice person.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:57 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but don't worry, it's none of my business, anyway.
What I meant was if you want something badly enough you can achieve it. If you want to socialize enough, you will put money aside for things like bus fares etc.

If you don't want it badly enough, ok then, but it's unlikely to help your relationship situation.

i do but i look at everything for its cost/benifit . so stuff has to have a shown payoff to me for me to spend money one it. like if i went to a club i'd be unhappy, used tons of money and probably left as alone as i went.. i've passed up mass single meet ups for this reason. I wouldn't handle meeting 200 people at once well so going there spending $40 to have an anxiety attack isn't good benifit.

I get what you are saying which is why I haven't spent the rest of my tax money. its just finding something cost effective.

my friend suggesting going to a movie alone, but how would sitting in a dark room help me socialize .

this is the trouble i have finding new ways to socialize, since my old one airsoft is too pricy now.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 5:00 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

but are you usually right? i mean I've been hurt by people I thought and seemed to be really good people.
can't think of anyone I've felt like that. some people are very rude and mean upfront so i don't like them.

well better then getting hurt by them all. in my world everyone would be honest and kind. we don't live there though

some of my mistakes and my loss is from lending money to people who don't pay it back , family and my ex best friend( who hurt me emotionally for a year, he would complain i didn't go do things with him cause lack of money while he owes me money.) my brother eventually paid me back with a gun now worth more then i lent him, but its a money drainer not money i can use to do stuff. though a kinda fun ongoing Restoration project. recently lent my sister money to buy a 3ds.

know what though I've met a bunch of mean rude people working as a cashier. definitely a mind opener. it is hard to tell by people in person til they talk if they are a far right leaning. some people look nice. I saw this pretty girl at the bus station at school and then she was talking about how people like us should have been killed pre or after birth since we are a useless drain on the system due not being normal. if i hadn't over heard that I'd thought she was a nice person.

Yeah, it's a bit different. You can feel it. I can't tell you how it's felt, because it's not with any of the 5 senses we know of. Hence it's a 6th sense.

There are times I have been wrong, and quite wrong, I am sure. I can't think of any exact examples, but I think other emotional conflicts sometimes get in the way of this sense.

Often it can be clarified as "Seeing people for exactly what they are, no exceptions, no facades, no coatings, no layer of cream, nothing"

Oh well, I won't derail your thread any further.. as you were.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 5:03 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Yeah, it's a bit different. You can feel it. I can't tell you how it's felt, because it's not with any of the 5 senses we know of. Hence it's a 6th sense.

There are times I have been wrong, and quite wrong, I am sure. I can't think of any exact examples, but I think other emotional conflicts sometimes get in the way of this sense.

Often it can be clarified as "Seeing people for exactly what they are, no exceptions, no facades, no coatings, no layer of cream, nothing"

Oh well, I won't derail your thread any further.. as you were.

i don't find it derailing though we could talk in pm if you want.

I'ts actaully really really nice to have someone to talk to. I get lonely in here and my friends and i don't talk much anymore.