newcomer here, wondering if there is a posting etiqutte

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

whereismymind
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2014, 8:21 am

I am new at this kind of thing and, being aspie, wondering if there is a right and a wrong way to post topics and replies?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:50 am

Each forum has permanent posts at the top (entitled 'please read this before posting' that dictate the rules.

Mostly commonsense things about dont do personal attacks or be racist or etc.

Basically- treat it like a conversation with people in person, and you should be okay.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 9:00 am

It also helps to read the first post in this thread: "Before You Post Here ...".

You may find that many of your questions and claims have already been addressed.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

whereismymind
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2014, 10:30 am

Thanks guys, I got it. The basic rules are just common sense. But, what about this whole rank thing? I am labeled as an emu egg and, I am see others as phoenix's and veterans and such. It seems like you have to build Aspie cred, lol. Also, this may seem even more obvious to you guys but, how to I get the little white quote box to appear when I want to reiterate for responding to another's question or statement?

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2014, 12:35 pm

Rank is based on number of posts. To quote, see top right of every post.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 3:35 pm

whereismymind wrote:
Thanks guys, I got it. The basic rules are just common sense. But, what about this whole rank thing? I am labeled as an emu egg and, I am see others as phoenix's and veterans and such. It seems like you have to build Aspie cred, lol. Also, this may seem even more obvious to you guys but, how to I get the little white quote box to appear when I want to reiterate for responding to another's question or statement?

The "quote" button at the top right of each post will automatically generate a 'post reply' field, including a box quoting the person you're responding to, and place your reply text beneath it.

If you need to add any other quoted material, just look at the tool bar above the 'reply text' field, the first tool on the left is a quote box generator - click once to begin quoting, twice to close the quote box.

whereismymind
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2014, 4:48 pm

Thanks again for clearing up my confusion. :D

Hart
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2014, 9:30 pm

Welcome :D

"If you're not actively involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it."
- Peter MC Williams