Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:34 am

I made a personality test. I've to mention that it wasn't a professional one and even I had thought before that I could have certain schizotypal tendencies, the test results still shocked me. 8O
Some scores were a bit higher or lower, but it could be mainly explained through my ASD, but in schizotypal I scored 100% 8O
I was totally shocked, because 100% is really high, even if I consider the fact that it wasn't a professional test. Because of that I took the SPQ, the schizotypal personality questionnaire were I scored clearly in the upper 10%.

So I don't know what to think about a score of 100%, but it's high.
So I guess I don't have just schizotypal tendencies, but in fact I probably would fullfill dx criteria to get dx with schizotypal. I guess I've to talk with my psychiatrist about it... :?
Actually I don't wanna get another dx, because I'm already dx with transsexualism, Tourette's, ADHD and autistic tendencies oh and depression. I feel like a total freak if I would now get schizotypal in addition, because my dx labels I've right now are already enough. :cry:

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 12:23 pm

Though I was once diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder and I score high on the SPQ, I've never scored that high.

Have you ever considered trying to see a phenomenologically-oriented mental health provider? I know there are some in Denmark and Norway. How about your country?

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm

beneficii wrote:
Though I was once diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder and I score high on the SPQ, I've never scored that high.

Have you ever considered trying to see a phenomenologically-oriented mental health provider? I know there are some in Denmark and Norway. How about your country?

No the 100% weren't on the SPQ, they were on a unprofessional personality test, but it's still high. On the SPQ I scored in the upper 10%, meaning that between 10 and 44 is average and everything above is in the upper 10% and I had 53. The maximum is 74. Sorry, I didn't write that clear enough.

About the phenomenologically oriented mental health provider, what's that? :?

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 1:44 pm

My test restults were:

SPQ:

Ideas of reference 5.5 out of 9
Excessive social anxiety 7.5 out of 8
Odd beliefs or magical thinking 5.5 out of 7
Unusual perceptual experiences 7.5 out of 9
No close friends 2.5 out of 9
Odd speech 7.5 out of 9
Constricted affect 5.5 out of 8
Suspiciousness 5.5 out of 8
Total SPQ 53 out of 74

Personality Test from similarminds.com

On this test 50% is the average:

Paranoia 66%
Schizoid 50%
Schizotypal 100%
Anti-social 33%
Borderline 55%
Histrionic 38%
Narcissistic 27%
Avoidant 50%
Dependent 66%
Obsessive 66%

Last edited by Raziel on 18 Feb 2014, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm

Like here, at the University of Copenhagen:

http://cfs.ku.dk/

And researchers like Louisa Sass, Mishara, Josef Parnas, Handest, and Julie Nordgaard.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 3:08 pm

Wh do you think I should try a phenomenologically-oriented mental health provider?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:50 pm

Raziel wrote:
Wh do you think I should try a phenomenologically-oriented mental health provider?

I think that such a provider would help resolve some of the confusion surrounding your psyche. Just seeing that huge list of diagnoses suggests to me that you need a mental health provider who is willing to dig deeper and look at the whole of your subjectivity, including your intersubjectivity.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:57 pm

beneficii wrote:
Raziel wrote:

I think that such a provider would help resolve some of the confusion surrounding your psyche. Just seeing that huge list of diagnoses suggests to me that you need a mental health provider who is willing to dig deeper and look at the whole of your subjectivity, including your intersubjectivity.

What kind of huge list?
I admitt, I've more than one problem, but actually it all adds up to two or three specific things. The first one are my gender issues and the second one has to do with dopamine. Actually Tourette's has a high level of comorbidities, the average is 2,5. Tourette's is a hypersensitivity of dopamine in the basal ganglias and goes along with certain specific OCD symptoms and in 50-90% of the cases with ADHD and also in 15% with schizotypy. All of them are connected to dopamine. Tourette's has a very specific set of comorbidities and ironically "Tourettes only" is the rares form. They even thought about adding the term "Tourettes plus" to the DSM who is Tourettes with comorbidities (ADHD and OCD), those are so strongly connected to Tourettes and also highly specific that I suspect that it's just one disorder in reality.
My psychiatrist I've now thinks that I've just certain subclinical aspects of ASD, I don't care how that's called and I believe that's propably right. Most of those con be explained through ADHD and schizotypy or vice versa.
Well and my depression.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm

Raziel,

OK. I wish, though, I could see a phenomenologically-oriented mental health provider, but the only one in my area is not taking new patients. :(

Nevertheless, I was pretty happy that my second and third opinions were pretty detailed.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 5:48 pm

I know that I'm somewhere "between" certain disorders, like many actually. I started to take psychiatric reports as subjective opinions of psychiatrists. Of course you can totally miss-dx someone, but there is also a huge matter of interpretation and also disorders are highly overlapping.

I don't know after everything I went through if I can take a psychiatrist that serous anymore than I used to. I respect my psychiatrist I've now and also like him, but I still think its a subjective opinion of a trained professional. I know the disorders I got dx in the past and how they are connected to each other. So I see psychiatric categories more like concepts who try to explain certain problems. In the brain they are sometimes one and the same.