Any Live action roleplayers amongst us?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Candymanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2007, 9:34 pm

So, who aside from me enjoys running around woodlands dressed in silly costumes and/or armour hitting other people with foam weapons? 8)

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 10:03 pm

If I had a Red Mage costume, I'd be running around 'killing' monsters.

Alaric
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2007, 10:14 pm

I used to LARP a lot in Seattle. My clan, the Shadowguard, were small, but we were one of the elite clans in the group.

(I recall going to investigate a noise in our rear once, after a battle; rounding a corner in the trail, and finding myself facing the entire Clan of the Eye. They backed down.)

Candymanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2007, 2:21 pm

Alaric wrote:
I used to LARP a lot in Seattle. My clan, the Shadowguard, were small, but we were one of the elite clans in the group.

(I recall going to investigate a noise in our rear once, after a battle; rounding a corner in the trail, and finding myself facing the entire Clan of the Eye. They backed down.)

Interesting.. was this a system pre developed (ala Vampire: The Masquerate Larp) or homegrown?

Alaric

14 Feb 2007, 2:30 pm

Candymanic wrote:
Alaric wrote:

Interesting.. was this a system pre developed (ala Vampire: The Masquerate Larp) or homegrown?

It was completely homegrown -- a group called The Fantasy Alternative. (The unspoken part of the name was "to the SCA.")

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 10:23 pm

Used to do the World of Darkness LARP (Fae, Garou, Vampire, etc.)

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 10:27 pm

I used to carry around a big stick and fight imaginary things by the Laramie river.

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 12:08 am

I've heard of LARPing. X-Play did a funny skit about it a while ago.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:07 am

Yeah. Like paper and pencil better. Actually seemed like we got more role-playing in. LARPing often degenerated into too much complaining about the GMs. Started to sound like high school.

MrWizard
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2007, 9:29 am

I've been interested in getting into LARPing however there aren't very many in my area and they aren't readily accessible. I have some extensive experience in tabletop RPing which can break down into LARP-like situations occasionally. It has really helped me through the years to develop my mimicry of social skills. If it weren't for dungeons and dragons I wouldn't be able to pretend to be normal nearly as well.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:31 pm

Sounds fun!

No sword fights though, please, or anything involving too much hand eye coordination, such as dancing.