Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2007, 7:22 am

Yesterday was the day they started trying to get me to put my contacts in because I can't stand to wear glasses.

Ends up I couldn't get them in the first time and spent an hour trying to get them in without blinking. Of course there is no second chances with my mom who says I'm doing just so I don't have to wear contacts or glasses and of corse won't listien to me when I said the person with me at the time had to come back a few times before she got them in.

So I got to spend all yesterday in my room crying because my parents are never helpful about anything or make anything better and think that yelling and lectering are the best way to get to me.

My mom seems to think that its wrong that I'm not normal AND must be as normal as possible, she doesn't like any less.

If you spend one day as me you would never be such a b***h about all the things that bother me and don't bother normal people. You'd see that yelling and lecturing and telling me to be normal all the time isn't helping but making me feel worse.

If it were up to me I would just stay in my room and write all day and finally become an writer which no one is bothering to help me become.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 2:02 pm

If it is the first time for you with contacts, it takes a while for your eyes to not respond to your fingers. This adjustment is normal for anyone.

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Feb 2007, 2:04 pm

headphase wrote:
If it is the first time for you with contacts, it takes a while for your eyes to not respond to your fingers. This adjustment is normal for anyone.

headphase is right....

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 2:59 pm

I understand where you're coming from!

I hope things improve with you soon!

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2007, 4:12 pm

headphase wrote:

Tell that to my mom :roll:

kindofbluenote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2007, 5:21 pm

headphase wrote:

I agree. It was impossible for me to put them in at first. The doctor had to do it initially. Imagine that. I lose my mind if a friend touches my arm, but here's a total stranger STICKING HIS FINGER ONTO MY EYEBALL!! 8O 8O 8O

I got over it, and now it's no problem, but it did take some time, and getting used to. And now I can go hiking, bicycling, and all that stuff without worrying about losing my glasses, or having them get foggy, or wet when it rains.

Good luck!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:16 pm

I could never do it. I'm perfectly happy wearing glasses. I also couldn't do the eye sugery thing either, I've seen how it's done, it's scary, it's not just shooting your eye with a laser, they also chop it up!! !

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:28 pm

I had the same problem with contacts. It took me four days of trying to finally get them in. Is it possible to have you mom talk to your eye doctor? He or she would be able to tell her that it's normal for it to take multiple tries.

Three years!

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 8:27 pm

Lecturing and yelling helps no one - I repeat, no one :( When people yell at me, I yell back or get my sarcasm on ;) It's just...not a good idea. So you're not alone. Not many people can deal with that sort of abuse.

And glasses/contacts...trust me I feel your pain! I've got contacts but I prefer the glasses most days because it's easier to see a computer screen with them. That, and contacts can be a pain to get in. Blinking...know that story well...I often end up blinking mine out when I'm trying to get them in :/

It helps if you focus on what you're doing with the eye you're not currently putting a lens in. If you can unfocus, and jsut rely on that eye, the other will sometimes look in a different direction. This is when you're face-up at the mirror but on a bit of an angle. I find that when I unfocus the eye I'm trying to cram that little piece of plastic into, it's far easier to also stop the blinking. (Alternatively just hold your eye open with as many fingers as you have spare :lol: I do this when I'm frustrated with them...)