Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2007, 6:06 pm

So my syllabus was unclear about the test today - about what material would be covered. I emailed the TAs and asked for clarification. The response was "it's on the syllabus" and then MISINFORMATION about what chapters were on the test! They said it would be chapter 5 and 6. So I wouldn't have to waste time studying chapter 4.

THe test was on 4 and 5! HALF the test was on chapter 4 stuff, which I hadn't reviewed! I hate being lied to. Why didn't he just say "I don't know?" And why do they always assume that nobody read the syllabus? ARRRRGGGHHHHH

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 6:26 pm

That's the majority of College TAs for you. They don't care. Teaching / helping to teach is nothing more than an inconvenience to them. If you still have the e-mails from them explicitly saying chapters five and six, and not chapter four, you could use that in talking to the professor about the test, explaining why it wasn't entirely fair to you, and why you don't think it is a fair representation of your preparation or knowledge. Again, that doesn't mean that the professor will care any more than the TAs, but it is worth a shot.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 7:05 pm

You should approach the teacher, explain what the TA's did and ask for a retest. Take it to theschools president/dean if you are not awarded this.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2007, 8:52 pm

Anna wrote:
So my syllabus was unclear about the test today - about what material would be covered. I emailed the TAs and asked for clarification. The response was "it's on the syllabus" and then MISINFORMATION about what chapters were on the test! They said it would be chapter 5 and 6. So I wouldn't have to waste time studying chapter 4.

THe test was on 4 and 5! HALF the test was on chapter 4 stuff, which I hadn't reviewed! I hate being lied to. Why didn't he just say "I don't know?" And why do they always assume that nobody read the syllabus? ARRRRGGGHHHHH

I actually happened to remember the stuff on chapter 4, so I probably did okay on the test. It's more that I'm really angry that my attempt for clarification was both blown off *AND* misinformed.

The teacher's on the list that I sent the email to - so she saw all of the exchange (or will). I also forwarded a copy to my disabilities coordinator - who has no clue why I'm upset.