Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 2:08 am

newchum wrote:
What's your preferred climate to live in, For me it would have be a Subtropical Arid or Semi-Arid climate (like say the Inland of Southeast of Australia or Western Deserts of North America) with low humidity. I can't cope with Hot Humid weather very well and colder weather plays havoc with my sinuses, throughout winter here my nose is clogged up a lot. The really hot dry summers do not bother me so long as I lived in a house with cooling.

If I can't move to USA and live in a place like Palm Springs, Phoenix, Tucson or Las Vegas. I would choose to live in the Mallee Country of Australia (around Mildura) or the Wheatbelt of Western Australia.

Sorry to tell you this but the wheet belt and Mildura have really differant weather.

I can't beleive anyone actually would want to live in my area. The weather is awful.

I want to live somewhere cold. Preferably with lots of water and snow.

So I'm never in a rush

kazzabeth
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Feb 2012, 3:12 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
I haven't lived in any other climate for an extended period of time besides that of Atlanta, Georgia (in the Southeastern US state.)
I don't really like the climate here. Winters are okay... not quite cold enough in general (though there are nice cold snaps here and there, like the one now.) But the summers are too much for me.
that exactly describes the climate here where I live [in Brisbane Australia] i hate our summers here Jan to February high humidity and afternoon thunderstorms ,I would like to live somewhere cooler.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 3:26 am

Albirea wrote:
Somewhere warm. Please. I hate cold winters, especially since I have poor circulation to my hands and feet. :x
Every time I go out into the cold, I feel like I'm going to get frostbite.

I get the winter blues and I have to moisturize four times a day to keep my skin hydrated, I feel more active and happy in the summer.

kazzabeth wrote:
that exactly describes the climate here where I live [in Brisbane Australia] i hate our summers here Jan to February high humidity and afternoon thunderstorms ,I would like to live somewhere cooler.

Interesting, I was actually thinking about moving to Brisbane, I don't think I would mind the humidity, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if you lived somewhere cold like England.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 3:36 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Albirea wrote:
Somewhere warm. Please. I hate cold winters, especially since I have poor circulation to my hands and feet. :x

I get the winter blues and I have to moisturize four times a day to keep my skin hydrated, I feel more active and happy in the summer.

kazzabeth wrote:

Interesting, I was actually thinking about moving to Brisbane, I don't think I would mind the humidity, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if you lived somewhere cold like England.

I actually agree that Brisvegas sucks bollocks. You would be better off in a southern city. I will swap my location for England.

So I'm never in a rush

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 3:45 am

Solvejg wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Albirea wrote:

kazzabeth wrote:

I actually agree that Brisvegas sucks bollocks. You would be better off in a southern city. I will swap my location for England.

Well I have heard that it's easier to become licensed to work in Brisbane because you only need an ABN and a blue card whereas in cities like Sydney, someone told me you need a licence to even pour a coffee. Plus I've heard the wages are better in Brisbane and there's more potential above the tropic of the capricorn in mining towns and flood areas.

However I don't think I would mind living in Brisbane, it has a low population compared to London, looks warm and it isn't a long drive from the gold coast plus roads are small in England and a gallon of petrol costs £6 here.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 4:08 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Solvejg wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Albirea wrote:

kazzabeth wrote:

Well I have heard that it's easier to become licensed to work in Brisbane because you only need an ABN and a blue card whereas in cities like Sydney, someone told me you need a licence to even pour a coffee. Plus I've heard the wages are better in Brisbane and there's more potential above the tropic of the capricorn in mining towns and flood areas.

However I don't think I would mind living in Brisbane, it has a low population compared to London, looks warm and it isn't a long drive from the gold coast plus roads are small in England and a gallon of petrol costs £6 here.

If you want jobs but don't mind the geographical isolation..... Look into Adelaide, Darwin and Perth. Adelaide is so desperate for wirkers they are advertising in windows for employees. They are even offering full traineeships for the mines. It is employment mecca here. Brisvegas is only good if you like the nightlife really.

So I'm never in a rush

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 4:35 am

Solvejg wrote:
If you want jobs but don't mind the geographical isolation..... Look into Adelaide, Darwin and Perth. Adelaide is so desperate for wirkers they are advertising in windows for employees. They are even offering full traineeships for the mines. It is employment mecca here. Brisvegas is only good if you like the nightlife really.

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind living somewhere that is relatively isolated, England is a very congested populated country and Australia seems very relaxed and easygoing compared to it, I have also heard that the work hours are better in Australia.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 4:43 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Solvejg wrote:

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind living somewhere that is relatively isolated, England is a very congested populated country and Australia seems very relaxed and easygoing compared to it, I have also heard that the work hours are better in Australia.

I will speak from the Adelaide perspective because that is wgere i live. We have a city here of over 6 million people. 15% is first and secind generation english. 60% if first and second gen other countries. 15% is aboriginanies. The rest is white Aussies.

So I'm never in a rush

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2012, 4:45 am

MXH wrote:
i like somewhere that theres changes in climate. Makes it feel as if time is actually moving

me too I want to live somewhere where I get to see all the seasons. I've been to places that seem to only have winters or summers all along but no change of seasons.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Feb 2012, 4:46 am

Something that stays between slightly warm & slightly cool all year round & does not get very humid & damp. I have problems with weather extremes & inconsistency. I'm not sure where that ideal place would be but I know it's NOT in south Louisiana. The weather here is very hot & humid in the summer & during the winter it rapidly switches from hot & humid to cold & damp for a couple days to a week & then it goes back to hot & humid for a week or so & the bipolar cycle continues. The only time the weather is really nice here for for more than a couple days is when a hurricane is coming.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 4:58 am

nick007 wrote:
Something that stays between slightly warm & slightly cool all year round & does not get very humid & damp. I have problems with weather extremes & inconsistency. I'm not sure where that ideal place would be but I know it's NOT in south Louisiana. The weather here is very hot & humid in the summer & during the winter it rapidly switches from hot & humid to cold & damp for a couple days to a week & then it goes back to hot & humid for a week or so & the bipolar cycle continues. The only time the weather is really nice here for for more than a couple days is when a hurricane is coming.

Move here.

So I'm never in a rush

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Feb 2012, 4:59 am

Solvejg wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Move here.

Where is here :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 5:09 am

lostmyself wrote:
MXH wrote:
i like somewhere that theres changes in climate. Makes it feel as if time is actually moving

me too I want to live somewhere where I get to see all the seasons. I've been to places that seem to only have winters or summers all along but no change of seasons.

Sounds like England would be ideal for you, season changes are very evident here.

England in the Winter

England in the Spring

England in the Autumn

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 5:13 am

Solvejg wrote:
I will speak from the Adelaide perspective because that is wgere i live. We have a city here of over 6 million people. 15% is first and secind generation english. 60% if first and second gen other countries. 15% is aboriginanies. The rest is white Aussies.

Sounds lovely, I know that Perth has something around 50% British so I guess more and more British keep heading to destinations like Perth, I guess there is more employment in Adelaide because perhaps more skilled people head for places like Sydney, Perth and Brisbane since they are the tourist hotspots.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 5:32 am

nick007 wrote:
Solvejg wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Move here.

Where is here :?:

middle if nowhere

So I'm never in a rush

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 5:33 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Solvejg wrote:

Sounds lovely, I know that Perth has something around 50% British so I guess more and more British keep heading to destinations like Perth, I guess there is more employment in Adelaide because perhaps more skilled people head for places like Sydney, Perth and Brisbane since they are the tourist hotspots.

exactly

So I'm never in a rush