Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2014, 2:50 pm

I really need and I really want a job; however, I am having trouble figuring out what I actually want to do. Most of the jobs I read I end up not applying because it just doesn't seem like something I can do, especially when it requires me being social all the time. It would be nice to end up with a data entry job or a dictation job since those I believe would be vastly easier but I can't really find those.

It's causing me a bit of anxiety. I have considered trying to make money in my own independent way. Reselling thrift store buys on e-bay, perhaps seriously get into producing music again and see what happens there. I'm at a loss, and I can't think of too many ideas.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 5:03 pm

You should take the opposite approach. Instead of looking at jobs and seeing if it matches your skills, you hold figure out your skills then find the job to match it. You need to list all your strengths. Unfortunately the way or minds work we think of our weakness and do not like to brag about ourselves. Employable skills can come from previous, jobs, volunteering or just living. A lot of times they are not immediately apparent. In looking back do not look at the tasks but the skills and accomplishments involved.

As I will discuss in my thread temporary and part time positions will get you some money and may lead to something better.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2014, 10:29 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
You should take the opposite approach. Instead of looking at jobs and seeing if it matches your skills, you hold figure out your skills then find the job to match it. You need to list all your strengths. Unfortunately the way or minds work we think of our weakness and do not like to brag about ourselves. Employable skills can come from previous, jobs, volunteering or just living. A lot of times they are not immediately apparent. In looking back do not look at the tasks but the skills and accomplishments involved.

As I will discuss in my thread temporary and part time positions will get you some money and may lead to something better.

I am good at convincing people so I probably would be good at sales.