Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2014, 10:24 pm

Sorry if there's already a Kirby thread like this...

Anyways, recently I'm really into Kirby. Is anyone else? If so, what Kirby games have you played? Have you seen the anime?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 10:38 pm

Sadly I have not played many Kirby games. I did used to play Kirby's Dreamland 2 all the time on the old GameBoys, it was one of my favourite games of my childhood. I really liked using Kirby on the original Smash Bros, and had fun as Dedede on Brawl. I did play a little of the original Dreamland on the NES, but not much.

I am also a fan of a fan comic called Brawl in the Family (Link), which has lots of comics about Nintendo characters, especially to do with the Kirby franchise.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 12:01 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Sadly I have not played many Kirby games. I did used to play Kirby's Dreamland 2 all the time on the old GameBoys, it was one of my favourite games of my childhood. I really liked using Kirby on the original Smash Bros, and had fun as Dedede on Brawl. I did play a little of the original Dreamland on the NES, but not much.

I am also a fan of a fan comic called Brawl in the Family (Link), which has lots of comics about Nintendo characters, especially to do with the Kirby franchise.

The NES game was Kirby's Adventure, not the original Kirby's Dream Land ( which was on the original Game Boy ).

I've played every Kirby game ever made, my favorites being Adventure/Nightmare In Dreamland, Super Star/Super Star Ultra, Epic yarn, Return To Dreamland, Air Ride, 64, Dream Land 3 and Dream Course.Only ones I haven't beaten are Amazing Mirror ( confusing map ) and Mass Attack ( awkward, frustrating gameplay ).

Kirby Right Back At Ya! ( the anime ) was OK for the most part, but I did get sick of the constant environmental protection references ( if I wanted to get beaten over the head with that stuff I'd re-watch Captain Planet )

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm

I played Kirby's Adventure, Super Star, The Crystal Shards and Nightmare in Dreamland.

Super Star is my favorite purely for the reason that it has coop support. Played Super Star with many people on Zsnes. :D

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2014, 3:07 pm

My favorite one right now is Kirby 64. It seems to depend on the day.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 4:45 pm

i have been a kirby fan since 1992.

my favorite game is Kirby and the amazing mirror.

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2014, 6:19 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i have been a kirby fan since 1992.

my favorite game is Kirby and the amazing mirror.

I have that game, but still have yet to play it.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm

I've played Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Kirby 64, (I refer those 3 as the Dark Trilogy.) Kirby's Air Ride, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby Mass Attack, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2014, 8:39 pm

Quote:
...Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Kirby 64, (I refer those 3 as the Dark Trilogy.)

Ah, I do too.

So, I bought Squeak Squad today! Hoping it's good.