Where will The Hunger Games: Mockingjay split? (Spoilers)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 7:43 am

Okay, the third book of The Hunger Games trilogy has been split into two parts. I've already read the books so I know what happens. I have a guess as to where they will split it:

I think it will be the part where District 13 rescues Peeta from the Capitol. When he and Katniss reunite, The first thing he does is attack her. Katniss then learns the Capitol has 'hijacked' Peeta with tracker jacker venom, which causes him to have a deep resentment and fear of her. I think once Katniss finds that out, that is where the first part will end.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 9:43 am

In my opinion the second and third books were much worse than the first. It surprised me a lot they managed to make a great movie out of the second, I have to congratulate the producers. Part of it is because they had this insight of changing the point of view sometimes to show Snow and Plutarch's conversations and rebellions in the districts and all the symbols they added; so that we can see the tension building up and it was cool and exciting.
The last book is the worse, for me there are only two good parts: when district 13 suggests that they start new games using as tributes the children of the side that lost the war and kat shoots 13's leader instead of Snow; and when Gale suggests those nasty war tactics that inspire a moral questioning.
Besides those parts the rest is lame, and they both are going to happen in the fourth movie. I guess the third movie is going to be terrible. I hope they surprise me again though.

I ended up not answer your question :lol:

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 7:19 am

It looks like I was right.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 11:47 am

I saw it last night and I thought it was either going to end when Peeta attacked her (I read that they were originally going to end it there and not have the scene that happened after) or afterwards where she visited another district (I forget which one) and made a speech, then got shot. Mainly because of the speech. That might be the highlight of the next film.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 1:06 am

linatet wrote:
In my opinion the second and third books were much worse than the first. It surprised me a lot they managed to make a great movie out of the second, I have to congratulate the producers. Part of it is because they had this insight of changing the point of view sometimes to show Snow and Plutarch's conversations and rebellions in the districts and all the symbols they added; so that we can see the tension building up and it was cool and exciting.
The last book is the worse, for me there are only two good parts: when district 13 suggests that they start new games using as tributes the children of the side that lost the war and kat shoots 13's leader instead of Snow; and when Gale suggests those nasty war tactics that inspire a moral questioning.
Besides those parts the rest is lame, and they both are going to happen in the fourth movie. I guess the third movie is going to be terrible. I hope they surprise me again though.

I ended up not answer your question :lol:

Not a good idea to give away the ending of the third book, for those who haven't read the books or are planning to go to the movies. However, I agree with you that the second movie was surprisingly good, given that the first book was easily the best in the trilogy. Bad decision to split the third book into two movies, but good that the author is involved in scripting the movies and that modifications are being made to the third book in the film. Hopefully the changes to the third book, which was a bit disappointing, will produce a better film.