Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 9:29 pm

Link

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 1:58 am

I do read her sometimes. She is the person that completely changed my perception of so called low functioning/classic autistics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 2:30 am

wow incredible. made me cry. someone asked me in a forum what i was like, what my autism was like, and i talked about a scene like that if i was sitting in a restaurant with him. looking inattentive but it being the opposite. Makes me so thankful that am able to text out my needs to my dad. things were a lot worse along those lines when i was littler. Am posting that video all over the place :)

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 4:04 am

jenisautistic wrote:

wish was able to view it but have got less than 100mb of data left, am using a stupid 'three network' dongle for net and need to top it up today.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 11:54 am

Seen this several times. Shared it with my mom first (I loved it but was intense), she better understands the light, sound, and action I have.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 12:08 pm

That's a very good video. It gives me insight of what goes through the minds of two people that I knew of when I was quite a bit younger. Carly knew exactly what she wanted for a drink in that video. She was also very aware of her peers walking in and out of the cafe.