Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 3:05 pm

Are YOU a girly-girl?

As for me,I do like make-up and clothes--but the clothes are usually androgynous-looking. I like to wear skirts,but only if they are over pants.

-SpaceCase

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 3:43 pm

Funny thing is, even though I'm in a very cliqueish age range, I can't stand girly girls. I love ripped jeans more than any other clothing, more than half of my friends are male, and I'm loud and very outgoing. I'm lazy and don't enjoy playing sports, but even the preppy girls at my school are really into sports, so that's kind of irrelivant. But yeah, I don't ever wear pink, and skirts are only for very fancy formal events. I do have several female friends who have more female personalities than I do, but we all get along really well regardless.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 3:49 pm

I'm a girly girl. That's pretty funny because I'm so unemotional, undomesticated and unnuturing (is that even a word?). I'm also extremely reclusive, so I'm not sure why I'm a girly girl, but I am. Makeup, clothes, hair, nails and jewelry. You bet. The whole nine yards.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 4:31 pm

No offensive, but both of you self-proclaimed non-girly-girls have very girly avatars. Care Bears? Fairies? Doesn't get much more girly than that.

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 4:43 pm

Dart wrote:
...Fairies? Doesn't get much more girly than that.

BLUE FAIRY. FROM A VIDEO GAME. :(

I'll probably change it anyway, just because I want something that isn't copyrighted by a million different companies.

kpupg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2007, 6:14 pm

No! I just wish I had good enough eyesight to be a viper pilot.

Aspiegirl89
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2007, 6:41 pm

Nope; I'm in Air Force ROTC this summer. Good stuff. Not usually for girly girls.

Not to mention, I HATE (with a huuuuge capital H) going to the mall. Shopping is sooo annoying. I'll go like once a year with my NT sister to get stuff and then I go to borders and Star Bucks. Oh yeah. mmmmmm....books and frappuchinos (chai and green tea). Perfect aspie combo.

~AG89~

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 6:57 pm

I suppose in a way I am , but in other ways I am not. I mean, I love pictures of fairies and I like pretty skirts, but I can also fart with the best of them and burp very loudly, and generally very unladylike, to my mother's chagrin :lol: Most days though, I wear cords or jeans, with a stripey jumper... I have a thing for stripes right now, and plain black boots. I do not wear jewellry generally and the only makeup I wear is foundation as I tend to get blotchy skin and am self conscious of it. But I don't walk like a female... I have been told I take great, manly strides lol which is true as I am always wanting to get somewhere. And I hate perfume mostly.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 9:27 pm

In appearance? Yes, I am very girly. I only own one pair of jeans, aside from that I wear skirts most every day...Dressed up skirts, with pantyhose and proper shoes. I also like to do my hair. I don't make a big deal out of makeup, but I do a lot of beauty stuff...Like, I go without foundation, but because I take such good care of my skin why would I need it? (people have always commented on how perfect my skin looks in pictures) I make my a lot of my own moisturisers, and I make my own sugar scrub to exfoliate.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 9:59 pm

Dart wrote:
No offensive, but both of you self-proclaimed non-girly-girls have very girly avatars. Care Bears? Fairies? Doesn't get much more girly than that.

I like care-bears because they are CUTE,not because they're GIRLY. It's probally girly to some people,but it's not girly to me.

I don't see why you care,anyway.

-SpaceCase

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 10:29 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
Dart wrote:

I like care-bears because they are CUTE,not because they're GIRLY. It's probally girly to some people,but it's not girly to me.

I don't see why you care,anyway.

-SpaceCase

I really don't care. It doesn't bother me. But what I'm trying to say is, I could tell you were female just by your avatar. People who aren't girly usually don't tend to like "cute" things. But there's nothing wrong with liking those things.

I'm male, but I think you'd assume the opposite if I had a Care Bears avatar. That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm not trying to bash your preferences or anything.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2007, 10:37 pm

Selo wrote:
Dart wrote:
...Fairies? Doesn't get much more girly than that.

BLUE FAIRY. FROM A VIDEO GAME. :(

I'll probably change it anyway, just because I want something that isn't copyrighted by a million different companies.

Oh. I guess since it's from a video game, you lose girly-girly points, since we all know that girly-girls don't play video games very much. :lol:

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 12:02 am

Not really. No.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 4:18 am

Hell no! I hate all things girly. Give me a violent FPS and I'm good. :wink:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 6:55 am

Yes.

I love pink, purple and lace. I love jewellery and sparkly things. I love hearts and stars. I love my stuffed animals. I wear a lot of skirts.

It's weird because I used to be a tomboy. I loved blue and always wore shorts and stuff. I guess it was just a phase.

Quote:
we all know that girly-girls don't play video games very much

That's a stereotype and it's completley incorrect.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2007, 10:14 am

Quote:
Quote:
we all know that girly-girls don't play video games very much

That's a stereotype and it's completley incorrect.

This topic's about stereotypes anyway. It's basically asking whether or not you follow typical female stereotypes. Not playing video games very much is an example of a girly-girl stereotype. But you're absolutely right that there are plenty of examples of girls that would prove that stereotype wrong.