My obsession with Psychiatric Hospitals

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Scienceman123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2007, 11:43 pm

Lately, I have become totally obsessed with psychiatric institutions, especially Danvers State Hospital (I live nearby.) Sadly, most of DSH has been demolished, and I have turned my attention to the other institutions in the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Worcester, Tewksbury, Taunton, Metropolitan, Medfield, Bridgewater, Northampton, Gardner, etc.) as well as other institutions (Belchertown State School, Fernald State School.) However, my interest has turned to an obsession. My parents are aware and I have told my psychologist about it. Anyone else have an interest in these institutions?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 1:56 am

Well, I liked it when I was in a Psychiatric Hospital.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Feb 2007, 2:01 am

Wow! Now that I see it, I'm interested, if not obsessed (yet).

http://tinyurl.com/2m3a5u

I haven't looked at the buildings you mention, but we have the Royal Vic that has that 'castle' look. It's being abandoned next year?? Not sure what they're going to do. This url is from a year ago, things haven't changed much. Psychiatric is part of the Royal Vic.

http://tinyurl.com/2psadq

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 2:06 am

Lol, been there and done that. I spent over 2 years obsessed with a derelict mental hospital here in the Uk...that and the paranormal activity there(for those who have any belief in such things). I always wanted to go back, I mean who wouldn't? Endless corridors, old things left behind, lots to explore, old stonework. I took a lot of photos, loved the place. I still miss it. Last I knew it was to be converted into apartments, as most of these places are when they aren't pulled down. I looked up a lot on the USA asylums at the time too and wow, you have some great ones there. Much bigger than ours. God, now you got me wanting to get back into exploring old buildings.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 2:09 am

I'd like to crawl into one of those places and take a complete physical and mental vacation.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 2:34 am

ahayes wrote:
I'd like to crawl into one of those places and take a complete physical and mental vacation.

It's really nice. Routine and everything.

Scienceman123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2007, 3:29 pm

Starbuline wrote:
ahayes wrote:

It's really nice. Routine and everything.

O RLY?

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2007, 6:31 pm

I don't like them, I hate being away from my own bed and my dog. I like the groups they have though.