Page 1 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

05 Apr 2014, 5:34 am

It seems like Feminists are always angry esspecially at men and sometimes for no reason. Is this true? If you respond angry then that means its true feminists are always angry! Its not fun being angry all the time!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Jono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,343
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

05 Apr 2014, 9:14 am

If you belonged to an oppressed class of people and fighting for equality, you'd be angry too. It's the same as some aspies on this forum who often seem angry at NT's.



TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,060

05 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
If you respond angry then that means its true feminists are always angry! Its not fun being angry all the time!


Then why don't you stop being angry about feminists for one single solitary second?



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

05 Apr 2014, 11:09 am

Jono wrote:
If you belonged to an oppressed class of people and fighting for equality, you'd be angry too. It's the same as some aspies on this forum who often seem angry at NT's.


they have equality,feminist can vote,have freedom of speech,
and more.Yet,they are always mad.



cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 324

05 Apr 2014, 11:41 am

I will be angry if you start telling me what feminism is and what being a woman is. It's a simple defense mechanism, and besides this is just another oversimplified irrelevant generalization. Same kind as "all men are evil".. This is naive and stupid
Why are you so offended by feminism anyway
And don't go looking around for validation for your discriminatory and belittling statements
Again, people will become angry if you start telling them that they are this and that.

Feminism is an amazing and supportive movement which has helped millions. You should check out history some more



TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,061

05 Apr 2014, 11:54 am

TheGoggles wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
If you respond angry then that means its true feminists are always angry! Its not fun being angry all the time!


Then why don't you stop being angry about feminists for one single solitary second?


^ This. I don't understand his obsession with feminists. It isn't healthy.


_________________
I've left WP indefinitely.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,056
Location: Aux Arcs

05 Apr 2014, 12:04 pm

I can be grumpy in the morning before coffee,but after that I'm sweet as sugar.Just don't get between the coffee pot and me.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

05 Apr 2014, 12:16 pm

billiscool wrote:
Jono wrote:
If you belonged to an oppressed class of people and fighting for equality, you'd be angry too. It's the same as some aspies on this forum who often seem angry at NT's.


they have equality,feminist can vote,have freedom of speech,
and more.Yet,they are always mad.
No kidding if they want to be mad about something why dont they take it out on places where women dont have freedom like in the middle east? In the west more subtle things such as simply opening a door for someone isn't oppression. Sometimes being nice works you can catch more flies with honey!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

05 Apr 2014, 12:28 pm

cannotthinkoff wrote:
I will be angry if you start telling me what feminism is and what being a woman is. It's a simple defense mechanism, and besides this is just another oversimplified irrelevant generalization. Same kind as "all men are evil".. This is naive and stupid
Why are you so offended by feminism anyway
And don't go looking around for validation for your discriminatory and belittling statements
Again, people will become angry if you start telling them that they are this and that.

Feminism is an amazing and supportive movement which has helped millions. You should check out history some more
Ive come across a few who think this way, sometimes I wish I could help the movement but feel excluded because a few of them don't want males to participate in the movement.


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,908
Location: North Wayels

05 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
cannotthinkoff wrote:
I will be angry if you start telling me what feminism is and what being a woman is. It's a simple defense mechanism, and besides this is just another oversimplified irrelevant generalization. Same kind as "all men are evil".. This is naive and stupid
Why are you so offended by feminism anyway
And don't go looking around for validation for your discriminatory and belittling statements
Again, people will become angry if you start telling them that they are this and that.

Feminism is an amazing and supportive movement which has helped millions. You should check out history some more
Ive come across a few who think this way, sometimes I wish I could help the movement but feel excluded because a few of them don't want males to participate in the movement.


No-one's stopping you. You don't need permission to be a feminist. Just be one. You may be more or less welcome to online or physical conversations, but you can be pretty much as active as you want.

This is way more down to your own issues than it is anything to do with feminism. It seems to me what you actually want is some sort of validation from feminists. To be told that, sure, they may get angry at men in abstract/general, but they're not angry at you.


_________________
Of course, it's probably quite a bit more complicated than that.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.


Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,908
Location: North Wayels

05 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

billiscool wrote:
Jono wrote:
If you belonged to an oppressed class of people and fighting for equality, you'd be angry too. It's the same as some aspies on this forum who often seem angry at NT's.


they have equality,feminist can vote,have freedom of speech,
and more.Yet,they are always mad.


Hey, billiscool. You've got equality, you can vote, you've got freedom of speech - why is it you always seem so mad?


_________________
Of course, it's probably quite a bit more complicated than that.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.


jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,144
Location: The end of the northwest passage

05 Apr 2014, 1:28 pm

Do you not know when to quit, or do you know and not quit anyway?



techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,094
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

05 Apr 2014, 1:49 pm

You have a small but vocal minority of women who are in as bad of shape as some of the pin-up MRA's. They tend to fall in the class of misandrists or 3rd wave feminists and suffice to say one can ask them about their lives and see what's skewed their perspective.

Most feminists as far as I can tell try to distance themselves from the word or may somewhat try to reclaim it from 3rd wave. For the most part they live it rather than wear it on their sleeve and since they believe in equality and really mean it they try to stay away from the situations that lets say a conservative would be in if someone in the crowd was shouting "Whah paher!" after everything they said, really the situation where a 3rd waver is trying to pull them off the rails or put a radical spin on their beliefs.

Then again I'm going to admit, I live in a somewhat liberal town in the Midwest/rust-belt, liberalism seems to be done a little more tolerantly here than, say UC Berkley.



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

05 Apr 2014, 2:48 pm

Hopper wrote:

Hey, billiscool. You've got equality, you can vote, you've got freedom of speech - why is it you always seem so mad?


Im not mad,just saying what I believe in.



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,289
Location: London

05 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm

TheGoggles wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
If you respond angry then that means its true feminists are always angry! Its not fun being angry all the time!


Then why don't you stop being angry about feminists for one single solitary second?


This. He doesn't shut up about them.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

05 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm

Only when you troll them.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit