Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 9:45 pm

It seems that being around people makes women more interested in me. And its something i have noticed in the past but with my current roommate and new location it is more obvious than ever. The last time i noticed this i attributed it to the looks of the person i was hanging with, but this time being both average males i see many double takes, stop and stare, or just walk by staring. When in the exact same places if im by myself the most ill get is a sidestep to not bump into them. This goes for grocery store, mall, clubs, etc. Hell at the club i felt uncomfortable at the obvious eye f***ing i got by two girls.

So what does my tired drunk rambling mean to you the typical wp male? Your best chances are by having someone with you of similar attractiveness. It may go from seeing you less threatening as than a lone wolf, or just the different state of being around people trying to act normal and have fun. And yes, before you ask if im just imagining this, it came to my attention from my roommate reinforcing that women checking me.

TheHermit
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2014, 10:14 pm

So, you're telling me I need friends before I have a good chance of getting a girlfriend? Dammit! You just doubled my workload.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 1:47 am

According to Dan Ariely, your best bet would be having friends who look like you, but not quite as good. :)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X68dm92HVI

The relevant bit is at 14:25, but I recommend the whole video.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 4:54 am

Most people will tell you that before you should consider dating someone you need to manage to be somewhat comfortable around people.

Otherwise people will sense that you arent really enjoying interacting with others from the get go and this will be a huge setback.

Unrelated: Nice to see you back MXH

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 8:28 am

MXH wrote:
Your best chances are by having someone with you of similar attractiveness.

Actually, I can remember where I saw this (on TV? or maybe on here) but they were saying it's best to have someone who is similar to you in appearance (height, built, hair color, etc.) but slightly less attractive than you as your wingman. I guess it would make you look more attractive by having a less attractive version of yourself by you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 11:04 am

I an f****d, I am the shortest guy in the group. lol

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 11:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I an f****, I am the shortest guy in the group. lol

My roommate is taller and more muscular than me

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 11:57 am

Yuzu wrote:
MXH wrote:
Your best chances are by having someone with you of similar attractiveness.

Actually, I can remember where I saw this (on TV? or maybe on here)

Hmm, yeah... it could have been on here, I suppose! :lol:

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 12:44 pm

The two things that most women admire are confidence and a sense of humor. If you're around people rather than stuck on the corner reading a magazine then it will appear that you have the confidence bit sorted.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
The two things that most women admire are confidence and a sense of humor. If you're around people rather than stuck on the corner reading a magazine then it will appear that you have the confidence bit sorted.

How am I still single then?? :P 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 3:03 pm

What magazine is the man reading?He may be more interesting to me than the man in the group.I'm going to assume that group boy likes to hang out with people ,I don't.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 4:44 pm

Having friends makes you look popular i guess.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 4:54 pm

Sounds awful,a drain on time and energy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 5:41 pm

MXH wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I an f****, I am the shortest guy in the group. lol

My roommate is taller and more muscular than me

Your roommate was probably behind you :lol:.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 5:46 pm

Just curious,what's the average height in Lebanon?

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2014, 6:06 pm

The prospect that you might belong to a social circle or hierarchy is a more desirous prospect over being a lone wolf for those who seek social cohesion or approval.

I'm not saying all seek social cohesion, some do go for the lone wolves but those ones are rare. You're lucky to have made a friend or someone who helps you to blend into the world. Most of us don't have real life friends or can't make them thus making it hard to fit in at work, school or anywhere we go for that matter. Even if we do make them, we can't maintain them and being part of a social circle scares most because of betrayal, gossip, bullying, teasing or some other hurtful past time that lingers which makes it even harder to let their guard down.

Most Autistic males lack social skills, social value and in some cases a steady income, working on any three of those is a positive step in the right direction but it depends on the person.