trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 6:12 am

Raptor wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Bodyles wrote:
This is an eminently fixable problem, and the fix has almost 0 downside

Well, there are a lot of people for whom their firearm is party of their hobby. I don't think you should take away all guns from responsible people just because one idiot does something stupid with them. Same for alcohol. Some people become violent idiots when they drink, but why should I not be allowed to drink?
Also, firearms are usually needed for hunting. Hunting is pretty much required around here because of the wild boars. If they overpopulate, they come too close to the cities and they can be pretty dangerous and destructive.

I'll just talk about the "take away" part of this. For all practical purposes, it's logistically and lawfully impossible to just take them away.
It would mean;
1. Getting enough politicians to go along with it, most of which will be committing career suicide come next election
2. Going door to door and hitting sporadic and sometimes well organised armed resistance and ambushes. Yep, that will happen.
3. Having the resources to do #2 and a means for routing and destruction

I could go into more detail but this is close enough, considering we've been over it and over it in the past.

I know that it is more or less impossible, but I wanted to adress the "guns are only for killing, they have no other use so banning them wouldn't hurt anyone". The overwhelming majority of target shooters and hunters live their lives without killing a person. But saying that you want to take away their guns because someone else has committed murder with a gun is ridiculous.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

20 Apr 2014, 8:50 am

We need to ban every impliment ever devised, and ban everything that has not been devised yet, that has the properties to pierce human flesh. Even hard blunt objects.

And pad everything.

And hide in a closet for the rest of your life.

Always wear a helmet, and safety goggles

And armor.

Not safety glasses either, GOGGLES!!

That way we can all be big safe dorky looking people.