Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 2:15 pm

Geist wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Wonderful children of all ages waiting to be adopted?

Yes.

League_Girl wrote:
Most of them have problems and you are very more likely to have a violent child as well because of RAD or drug abuse.

Most? That is a huge blanket statement. It's also absurd. You make it sound like all (or "most") kids in the system are defective. Do you think all people on the spectrum have the same symptoms? There are troubled kids waiting to be adopted, there are also a lot of wonderful, but scared kids that landed them in their situation because of tragedy that was no fault of their own.

No. I have read too many bad adoption stories online and in magazines so I know what I would be getting into if I adopt and I think everyone should be aware before they do it. Wisconsin just outlawed parents giving away their adopted children unless it's done through the system and I don't have to even worry about being stuck with a Chuckie because I will never adopt.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 2:20 pm

I think l held my son too much when he was an infant because now he is clingy and always wants to sleep with me. But I think that is better than having a kid that wants to kill me or trying to stab me with knives or trying to burn down the house I am not even safe in my own household so I would pick a clingy child over a Chuckie kid. I just didn't want my son to turn out violent and not have him get RAD so I held him all the time so he can get love and affection and learn to bond and have empathy because that is how we develop it, from being given love and attention. There is such thing as over doing it though and I did just that. I will try and not make that same mistake with my next one.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

QuidditchChick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2014, 8:37 am

Contrary to what society thinks, not all women want kids. Don't let societal pressure make you do something you do not want. I only started maybe wanting kids a few years ago at the ripe old age of 29. Took me that long to like them. But I have several friends who are childfree and in their 30s and 40s and have never desired children.