khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 5:46 pm

LittlePigLocksmith
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2014, 6:51 pm

As an American citizen, I would like to apologize to the people of the world for the actions of our government. It's worth noting that our congress has an approval rating of 13% last time I checked.

Our presidents approval rating can be tracked [url=: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ex_history[url=http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history]here[/url]]here.[/url]

As you can see, we don't agree with what's being done either. The problem is that campaigns are extremely expensive. As such, politicians in the U.S. need cooperate sponsors to get started. Of course, that means that they serve corporate interests more often than not ... and of course those don't always reflect the wants and needs of the people.

So, to the people of all of the countries that are occupied by our current imperialist plutocracy, please understand that we don't like it either.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 7:55 pm

LittlePigLocksmith wrote:
As an American citizen, I would like to apologize to the people of the world for the actions of our government. It's worth noting that our congress has an approval rating of 13% last time I checked.

Our presidents approval rating can be tracked [url=: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ex_history[url=http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history]here[/url]]here.[/url]

As you can see, we don't agree with what's being done either. The problem is that campaigns are extremely expensive. As such, politicians in the U.S. need cooperate sponsors to get started. Of course, that means that they serve corporate interests more often than not ... and of course those don't always reflect the wants and needs of the people.

So, to the people of all of the countries that are occupied by our current imperialist plutocracy, please understand that we don't like it either.

I know Obama is not doing a stellar job but a Rasmussen poll is hardly going to reflect an unbiased picture of his approval Rasmussen is one of only two polls who consistently reported Romney as being in the lead during the last Presidential election.

I don't want US troops to be in Poland, or in the majority of the places we currently occupy. I honestly believe sometimes the government only keeps our troops scattered around the world because it is a form of employment as much as it is defense. As soon as you start talking about cutting military, individual members of Congress will catch the dickens from state residents because the military is a job, and income to people.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 8:43 pm

Poland is a NATO member and this is a NATO exercise. As of now there have been only 150 soldiers of the 173rd Airborne Brigade deployed to Poland. Believe it or not, there is actually a reason for them to be there. Any one who's followed the news the past few weeks knows that.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

23 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm

Are they having trouble screwing in lightbulbs again???

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 9:18 pm

:lol: :lmao: :lmao:

TrippyPhysics
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2014, 10:26 pm

whats the reason their in poland besides russia an ukraine? that doesnt involve us

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 10:41 pm

They ran out of polish jokes. We need to make more.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 11:08 pm

We are NATO members, thus have an obligation to be there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 6:06 am

Raptor wrote:
Poland is a NATO member and this is a NATO exercise. As of now there have been only 150 soldiers of the 173rd Airborne Brigade deployed to Poland. Believe it or not, there is actually a reason for them to be there. Any one who's followed the news the past few weeks knows that.

Lordy, there must be a blue moon, because I actually agree with you!
But training exercise or not, whether people like it or not, Poland is a NATO ally, and we have an obligation to stand with our friends. Putin has Stalinesque dreams of restoring the old Soviet Empire, and that doubtlessly includes not only taking back former parts of their country like Ukraine, but also reclaiming former satellites like Poland.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:09 am

It doesn't matter what the soviet unoin does. In 20 years or so, they will get mad for whatever reason they can think of, and change everything again. Just like clockwork.

They are actually very rich in natural resources, and I do not understand why they all just cannot play well together?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

I don't think 150 troops who were stationed in Northern Italy doing exercises in Poland, a fellow member of NATO, is that unusual is it? Nobody would think twice about it without the situation in the Ukraine.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 3:00 pm

^^Right, kind of like the Russian army happened to be doing "exercises" on their border with Ukraine.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm

The situation in Eastern Europe is worrying, especially as I'm a lot closer to the Russian border than most people on Wrong Planet. I estimate the chances of President Putin staying out of the rest of Ukraine as no better than 50-50.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 4:07 pm

yournamehere wrote:
It doesn't matter what the soviet unoin does. In 20 years or so, they will get mad for whatever reason they can think of, and change everything again. Just like clockwork.

They are actually very rich in natural resources, and I do not understand why they all just cannot play well together?

the military industrial complex funds conflicts on both sides to keep a constant war going so they can continue to make trillions

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 8:08 pm

I cannot believe that is true.

Who is more foolish. The fool, or the fool who follows him?