Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
TallyMan - I am afraid you are coming up with an automated comment, again, to my post.

For every time I write "is", you search for a link or source, and if the result is negative, you say it is an "unfounded assertion". Sort of like a computer scanning my text.

I don't like that, frankly.

Of course I look for something to support what you are saying. It is a bold assertion to claim that you have PROOF that God exists. I have yet to see anything resembling PROOF in anything you have said. If I told you that I can prove that flying pink unicorns exist you would expect more from me than my assertion that they exist.

My argumentation and my definitions is my evidence.

Don't like my arguments or definitions? Feel free to come up with counter-arguments.
You haven't done that so far.

You haven't actually offered anything of substance to provide a counter argument against. Essentially all you are saying is "I declare that some vague concept I'm calling God exists". That most certainly doesn't constitute any form of Proof. There is no PROOF in anything you have said. Your essay isn't going to convince anyone that God exists; if anything it is just a call for belief or faith that a god exists, it doesn't even offer any rational evidence let alone proof.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:02 pm

TallyMan wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
TallyMan - I am afraid you are coming up with an automated comment, again, to my post.

For every time I write "is", you search for a link or source, and if the result is negative, you say it is an "unfounded assertion". Sort of like a computer scanning my text.

I don't like that, frankly.

Of course I look for something to support what you are saying. It is a bold assertion to claim that you have PROOF that God exists. I have yet to see anything resembling PROOF in anything you have said. If I told you that I can prove that flying pink unicorns exist you would expect more from me than my assertion that they exist.

My argumentation and my definitions is my evidence.

Don't like my arguments or definitions? Feel free to come up with counter-arguments.
You haven't done that so far.

You haven't actually offered anything of substance to provide a counter argument against. Essentially all you are saying is "I declare that some vague concept I'm calling God exists". That most certainly doesn't constitute any form of Proof. There is no PROOF in anything you have said. Your essay isn't going to convince anyone that God exists; if anything it is just a call for belief or faith that a god exists, it doesn't even offer any rational evidence let alone proof.

You never answered my question regarding if you are familiar with software programming.
Because if you are not, I suggest you read up on it, to understand my logical reasoning. Because my logic IS logic, according to coding software, and coding software can't be more logical.

In software programming, any word needs to have a definition. A word is not a definition in and of itself, unless it is part of the programming language (such as AND, OR, NOT and so on).

Which means I can define a banana = god. And if I define God as something, like say God = 2+2; then a banana is God and God = 4.

Now, I chose not to say that God = banana. I used another definition of God, to define God as being the entire universe.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

Any claim about the existence of an omnipotent deity is non-falsifiable by definition.

There is no empirical outcome which cannot be the product of the works of an omnipotent deity, since he/she/it can divide by zero, slam a revolving door, touch MC Hammer, judge a book by its cover, live on bread alone, make an omelette without breaking some eggs, simply walk into Mordor, handle the truth, win/break even/quit the game... and even get a reservation at Dorsia.

As a result, such a claim exists outside the realm of claims that humans can achieve knowledge about. And it will always do so.

Or in plain English: It is not even wrong.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

TallyMan, are you familiar with coding software?

Because, I think that could come in handy when understanding my arguments in this post.
I use the idea behind coding software, the ideas of constants and variables and definitions, and arguments,
in building up my essay.

In software programming, any word needs to have a definition. A word is not a definition in and of itself, unless it is part of the programming language (such as AND, OR, NOT and so on).

Which means I can define a banana = god. And if I define God as something, like say God = 2+2; then a banana is God and God = 4.

I'm a professional software developer. So you have proved that God is bananas? :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:06 pm

So the probability of God existing is somewhat high because humans exist...I bet there are species on other planets and maybe even some on this one that cannot fathom the idea of a human...Species on this planet often run from the human as if they are running from some frightful God but they run from each other much the same way, too.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

TallyMan wrote:

Because, I think that could come in handy when understanding my arguments in this post.
I use the idea behind coding software, the ideas of constants and variables and definitions, and arguments,
in building up my essay.

I'm a professional software developer. So you have proved that God is bananas? :lol:

I have proved, that God is just a word. Nothing, but a word, consisting of the letters, G and O and D.
This word have different meanings. In Danish, for examle, it means "good" or "nice". In English it refers to a deity.

I am defining this word that is related to a deity, in a software programmatical manner, as being the entire universe.

Or, in short:

This is about language and definitions. Really, I can't tell why you get this all wrong.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:11 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
So the probability of God existing is somewhat high because humans exist...I bet there are species on other planets and maybe even some on this one that cannot fathom the idea of a human...Species on this planet often run from the human as if they are running from some frightful God but they run from each other much the same way, too.

You too got my post wrong.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm

in building up my essay.

thinkinginpictures is my ginger cat. I do not have a ginger cat, therefore my ginger cat does not exist, therefore thinkinginpictures does not exist.

Gosh, this is fun.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Think of it this way, though. Is there a chance the bird doesn't exist? There's always that chance! It doesn't exist on Jupiter, for instance.
It might not always exist on earth, either. It's just we are at a moment in time when it does.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm

I am defining this word that is related to a deity, in a software programmatical manner, as being the entire universe.

So, substituting the real meaning you are intending, what you are saying instead of "God exists" is that the "universe exists".

I'll agree with you there. Is that all you are saying?

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:17 pm

TallyMan wrote:

So, substituting the real meaning you are intending, what you are saying instead of "God exists" is that the "universe exists".

Yes. But I disagree that the "real meaning" you are talking about, is the abrahamic god.
There are way many other conceptions of God, than the Abrahamic God. This god, I am talking about is ThinkingInPicture's God.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:20 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Think of it this way, though. Is there a chance the bird doesn't exist? There's always that chance! It doesn't exist on Jupiter, for instance.
It might not always exist on earth, either. It's just we are at a moment in time when it does.

True. You can't know the bird exists. But we do know the universe exists.
And I then say that God is everything in the universe, even the stuff we can't see or know of. If there is nothing about the universe that we don't know of, then God is simply limited to the universe we know of.
It's that simple. God = the universe.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:21 pm

TallyMan wrote:

Yes. But I disagree that the "real meaning" you are talking about, is the abrahamic god.
There are way many other conceptions of God, than the Abrahamic God. This god, I am talking about is ThinkingInPicture's God.

So you've proved, if only to your satisfaction, that your God exists?

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:21 pm

TallyMan wrote:

So you've proved to yourself that your concept of god exists. Fine, good for you. However, you state in your title that "we can prove it too" - how? You need to better explain what this concept of god is that you hold and how it can be PROVED.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:34 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

True. You can't know the bird exists. But we do know the universe exists.
And I then say that God is everything in the universe, even the stuff we can't see or know of. If there is nothing about the universe that we don't know of, then God is simply limited to the universe we know of.
It's that simple. God = the universe.

Will the universe always exist?
Scientists have already reached the conclusion the universe is God.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:36 pm

Looking again at your first paragraph you say:

Quote:
God is the Ultimate Reality. ... Ultimate Reality exists wether you want it or not. Ultimate Reality is real. Hence, God is real.

This is just a circular argument of definitions. It can be summarised as saying "ultimate reality is real". It tells us nothing.