Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcikNCsilHk[/youtube]I know this is like 3 year old vid but this displays the stupid and how disgusting religious people can be. Every time I hear a christian saying something like this truly angers me, so they are rejoicing in the deaths of thousands of innocent people?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:24 pm

But if you're right about there being no God in the Christian sense, any praying for disaster or whatever else would be totally futile and ineffective.
You must be having some doubt about your convictions.....

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:35 pm

Raptor wrote:
But if you're right about there being no God in the Christian sense, any praying for disaster or whatever else would be totally futile and ineffective.
Natural disasters happen whether you pray or not earthquakes happen due to plate tectonics etc not some invisible skydaddy however whenever something like this happens they say their skydaddy did it and is mad at those people for not believing so punished them and the believers are rejoicing in the deaths of these people.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Natural disasters happen whether you pray or not earthquakes happen due to plate tectonics etc not some invisible skydaddy

No kidding? :roll:

Quote:
however whenever something like this happens they say their skydaddy did it and is mad at those people for not believing so punished them and the believers are rejoicing in the deaths of these people.

So what?
Do you lie awake at night fretting about what all the f****d up people in the world are rejoicing over or just the so called Christians?
:shrug:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 1:06 pm

I've came cross Americans on the internet who were rejoicing the Japanese Earthquake as a revenge from God for Pearl Harbor (as if Nuking two cities weren't enough, as if massacring civilians is justified for military losses but that's another debate).

How are they any morally better than the radical Islamists who rejoiced the massacre in 9/11?

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 2:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I've came cross Americans on the internet who were rejoicing the Japanese Earthquake as a revenge from God for Pearl Harbor (as if Nuking two cities weren't enough, as if massacring civilians is justified for military losses but that's another debate).

How are they any morally better than the radical Islamists who rejoiced the massacre in 9/11?

They aren't, that's sickening.

(not a native speaker)

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

Every western weeaboo should watch the movie 'City of Life and death' at least once.

My deviant art profile

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 3:57 pm

Us-and-them'ism in religion needs to go. Anyone rejoicing of the death of anyone IMHO is on the wrong side of the line.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 4:35 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Us-and-them'ism in religion needs to go. Anyone rejoicing of the death of anyone IMHO is on the wrong side of the line.
Its a primitive xenophobic mindset I wish never existed in humanity.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 5:00 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

History shows that 'Us-and-them'ism' is an essential part of religion.

That said, regarding the Japanese narrative, it is supremely ignorant to think that the be all and end all of grievance with Japan starts and ends with Pearl Harbour.

Chinese refugees went to the NAZIS for help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rabe

My deviant art profile

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 5:24 pm

Lets get this straight. This child is praying for death and destruction of humanity and at the same time talking about the "evil ways" of Atheists?

And Christians have moral princilpes?

That Bible needs to shredded and recycled into a roll of Wal-Mart toilet paper.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 5:24 pm

Lets get this straight. This child is praying for death and destruction of humanity and at the same time talking about the "evil ways" of Atheists?

And Christians have moral princilpes?

That Bible needs to shredded and recycled into a roll of Wal-Mart toilet paper.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm

thomas81 wrote:
History shows that 'Us-and-them'ism' is an essential part of religion.

That depends on how we're using the word, ie. it's experienced a bit of modern definition-creep and pejoritization. If it's applied strictly to groups with line-in-the-sand dogmas and anathemas then yes. If speaking of various paths of theism, which may even have internal ontological agreement and organize without such mendoza lines, there's less of a case. I'm noticing that most mystic orders refuse the title of 'religion', I suppose as they're bent against exclusivism, perhaps they wanted to also do what they could to keep themselves from being seen as direct opponents to Judaism/Christianity/Islam, this would make sense but with respect to the old standard definition of religion - ie. codified ontological and cosmological beliefs - they still fit that definition.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 6:21 pm

There are three chances and no more. 1- This girl is ret*d. 2- This girl is psychotic; 3- This girl has been severely brainwashed.

I vote number 3.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 6:38 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
There are three chances and no more. 1- This girl is ret*d. 2- This girl is psychotic; 3- This girl has been severely brainwashed.

I vote number 3.
She probably went to Jesus camp! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac[/youtube]