Is this a good idea, or is it creepy?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

MonsterGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2014, 8:57 am

I'm 15. An older mentor of mine who happens to be the same religion and ethnicity as me (Muslim and Turkish) suggested that I'm old enough even in our religion where I can date, and he suggested that if i like a girl (my age) I should give them a flower, or a drink (non-alcoholic, of course) or a snack. Another person suggested I give them a poem, and/or say something nice. is this a good idea to try out with a Turkish girl who was raised in the U.S.? or would she consider it creepy?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 9:31 am

Grow up and come back when you are 20.

I have read some of your posts and you seem to ask about stuff like this all the time. For me you are just not ready. Wait a few more years before you start dating. You might be old enough to date but mentally you are still a child. Most of girls don't want so immature boys and I agree with them.
You will have plenty of time to get a girl after you become an adult. No need to hurry. It won't do anything good at the moment. A gilrfriend would just disturb you even more right now. You need to focus on school.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 11:19 am

Giving flowers, or sweets would be considered nice. Go ahead.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 12:10 pm

Kiriae wrote:
Grow up and come back when you are 20.

I have read some of your posts and you seem to ask about stuff like this all the time. For me you are just not ready. Wait a few more years before you start dating. You might be old enough to date but mentally you are still a child. Most of girls don't want so immature boys and I agree with them.
You will have plenty of time to get a girl after you become an adult. No need to hurry. It won't do anything good at the moment. A gilrfriend would just disturb you even more right now. You need to focus on school.

I've noticed boys who start dating early, get successfully engaged/married earlier too. They mature faster, relationship-wise.

Briareos
Raven
Raven

01 May 2014, 12:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I've noticed boys who start dating early, get successfully engaged/married earlier too. They mature faster, relationship-wise.

Like a lot of things, that can be true, but also not true. The variable lies in how mature the individual acts, and subsequently reacts when presented with a relationship.

However, like an RPG, even failed relationships will earn you EXP so long as you don't dwell on the outcome like an anchor weighing you down.

I think those things are a sweet gesture, give it a shot if there is someone you have in mind.

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 1:11 pm

No girl would resent being given flowers and it would probably be considered modest enough for a start.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 3:30 pm

That doesn't seem creepy.

alexisforger
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2014, 4:36 pm

Thats a great idea do it! I would be flattered :wink:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 4:48 pm

I probably wouldn't do the poem though. A flower or a cupcake or something like that is a better idea.

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 7:30 pm

I love getting flowers, candy, a cupcake/cookies(home made is best), and other such small things......I think it would be very sweet.