This a good way to talk to someone I haven't seen in awhile?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MonsterGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2014, 1:35 pm

I'm 15, and I'm a guy, and there's this girl who's 15. We went to the same school from 6th grade through most of 8th grade, but then we stopped going to the same school. We did see each other some at the Turkish cultural center, but they shut it down. Tonight is an Islamic holiday, so we're going to be renting out some space in a hotel for a program, and I'll see her there. i thought she hated me, but it turns out she always talked praisingly of me and felt sorry for me because I was being treated badly by the other kids. her mom also said she was never mad at me. My plan, while I am socially awkward, is to say "Hi, Beyza, it's so nice to see you." Then when she responds I'll say, "So how's it going, what'ya been up to?" then she when she responds if I haven't sensed that she's not interested I'll say "So what are you doing in school?" And then I'll talk from there if the conversation leads anywhere, but when it ends, or if it doesn't lead anywhere I'll just say "Well, if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me. See ya!"

Briareos
Raven
Raven

01 May 2014, 1:58 pm

Just do it. -Nike

Don't think too hard about what to say and just give it a shot.
Also instead of making like, 5 topics about the same girl, you could just have made 1 topic about it and share any related concerns there...

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."