I get the feeling everybody at work hates me....

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

steppinthrax
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2014, 10:05 am

Just the feeling I get. They haven't done anything specifically to indicate this, just being ignored and feel like a ghost!! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 10:18 am

I know what you mean. Sometimes, I get that vague feeling in the absence of empirical evidence.

My solution: Doing my job to the best of my ability. That will garner you respect.

steppinthrax

14 May 2014, 11:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know what you mean. Sometimes, I get that vague feeling in the absence of empirical evidence.

My solution: Doing my job to the best of my ability. That will garner you respect.

Is it actually hate? Or a perception we have?

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 4:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yep, quite effective. A coworker told me he first disliked me and deemed me incompetent until I proved him otherwise.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Saul3903
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2014, 9:17 am

I usually have this perception, and it's true some of the time. I make stupid comments and not realize how foolish or rude I sound until after they sneer at me for it.

I deal with it through mindset. I don't go to work to make friends, I go to earn money. As long as I keep that in mind it doesn't bother me as much when my coworkers are put off by me.

thisecho
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2014, 10:44 pm

Maybe they do hate you. People usually fear or hate what they cannot understand. But that is their problem, not yours. Be glad that you're different enough to warrant that strong of an emotion from your co-workers.