Just a reminder in case anyone missed last nights louie

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 10:29 am

Nice guys suck because they feel entitled to date girls.

On the other hand we should all pity fat girls for feeling entitled to to date guys and being rejected.

If the roles had been reversed this would have been another example of why nice guys suck.

As it is its just a video that needs to be reposted everywhere because somebody finally had the guts to call out the faults on the patriarchy apparently.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 10:39 am

I sense the sarcasm? I feel like you missed the point.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 10:43 am

You know, I could 100% be on board with this if she were talking about ugly/disfigured people. They can't do much (if anything) to improve their circumstances. But she's portraying a character that's been overweight a looong time. So the elephant in the room (lol) is why hasn't she ever made an effort to lose weight? I spent pretty much all of my childhood overweight because my parents made stupid decisions about what to feed me, and once I moved out I decided that enough was enough. Now I'm well within my normal weight range and know how to stay there. It took some effort and time, but I did it.

Being obese because of the things you choose to eat and then being angry about the consequences is so #firstworldproblems.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 10:52 am

I would ask her back right away "Have you ever dated a short guy?", "Have you ever kissed a guy shorter than you", "Have you ever held hands with a guy shorter than you", "have you ever danced with a short guy?" "Why? Because you're afraid people will say oh she's dating a short guy??" ....etc; I can replace "fat girl" with "short guy" in all these questions and she would get as much embarrassed as this guy because of the sob drama I am pouring on her.

This type of shaming is pointless and pathetic, he didn't say he finds her fat yet she insists that he finds her fat and unattractive, she put him in a non-winnable position - no matter what he says other than "yes you are fat!" then he's lying according to her logic.

I know plenty of ladies as overweight as her who are taken now, many guys wouldn't find her fat.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 15 May 2014, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 10:55 am

yeah, but why louie hasnt made any effort to better himself as well? he's quite fat himself and nearly bald, and on top of that he's old and alone with kids. sorry but she knows how she is, and he is totally not out of his range. she is giving him a chance, and he is not. and thats the morale of the story.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 10:59 am

cannotthinkoff wrote:

I didnt miss the point.

I felt pity for her situation. Just as I feel pity for a guy in the opposite situation.

However if the roles had been reversed this would be called a perfect example of nice guys entitlement.

As it is it has been called a great video about one of the many double standards in society that need to be changed.

I just find it funny how easy it is for people to be blindsided by gender when it comes to examine behaviours

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 11:03 am

cannotthinkoff wrote:
yeah, but why louie hasnt made any effort to better himself as well? he's quite fat himself and nearly bald, and on top of that he's old and alone with kids. sorry but she knows how she is, and he is totally not out of his range. she is giving him a chance, and he is not. and thats the morale of the story.

Louie has his own issues.

If he had made this rant I wouldnt be surprised to see it here and I would agree that he needs to change and work on himself if he wants to date and keeps being rejected by women he approaches.
Lower your standards/work on yourself.

I just found the way people reacted to the speech interesting so I made a thread about it. Louie could be anyone(I hadnt heard about him until this morning when the video was spammed to/praised in several feminist areas )

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 11:04 am

spongy wrote:
cannotthinkoff wrote:

I didnt miss the point.

I felt pity for her situation. Just as I feel pity for a guy in the opposite situation.

However if the roles had been reversed this would be called a perfect example of nice guys entitlement.

As it is it has been called a great video about one of the many double standards in society that need to be changed.

I just find it funny how easy it is for people to be blindsided by gender when it comes to examine behaviours

this is not true. I feel bitterness and personal resentment

louie is NOT a nice guy! he is bald old fat with children. he's got no carrier or money. and he yet still feels entitled. its not about a nice guy. they are quite equal.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 11:07 am

cannotthinkoff wrote:

You didn't watch the whole video obviously, he held her hand at the end of it. It was all in her head assuming that he hates her weight and feeling ashamed to be with her.

But all this shaming and guilting trip on a date is totally a turn off, in real life she would be shooting herself in the foot with the guys she's dating.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 14 May 2014, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 11:08 am

cannotthinkoff wrote:
spongy wrote:
cannotthinkoff wrote:

I didnt miss the point.

louie is NOT a nice guy! he is bald old fat with children. he's got no carrier or money. and he yet still feels entitled. its not about a nice guy. they are quite equal.

As I said I do not follow the show and it is the first time I heard about him.

If a nice guy had given the speech she has given this would have been seen under a completely different light. That is all I wanted to discuss.

I do not know what louie does.

I do not know this lady.

I just know this kept being reposted everywhere this morning and it would have been completely different if it was a guy giving the speech to a girl

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 11:10 am

spongy wrote:
I just found the way people reacted to the speech interesting so I made a thread about it. Louie could be anyone(I hadnt heard about him until this morning when the video was spammed to/praised in several feminist areas )

Why are you hanging out in the feminist areas anyway?
Louis CK has a distinct sense of humor and this episode was not about double gender standards or whatever, it had a deeper meaning, and sure it was a good catch for some radical feminists to interpret in their own ways. Really to get it you have to know his style and how and why he is saying things; and it's all about human nature in general and how it sucks to be one. It is really not about "the nice guy". As you said, "lower expectations/better yourself" or else you'll be forever alone and unhappy. Or, dont miss a chance for happiness and love just because you have some "standards" which are in the first place probably just "entitlements"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 11:13 am

cannotthinkoff wrote:
spongy wrote:
cannotthinkoff wrote:

I didnt miss the point.

lol Where did he say that he's entitled to date someone better looking than her? The guy couldn't say a word.

I can see where this thread is going, now women here would side with the woman and say he's a horrible guy while men would side with the man and say she's being whiny.

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 11:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cannotthinkoff wrote:

You didn't watch the whole video obviously, he held her hand at the end of it. It was all in her head assuming that he hates her weight and feeling ashamed to be with her.

But all this shaming and guilting trip on a date is totally a turn off, in real life she would be shooting herself in the foot with the guys she's dating.

i watch the show. it wasnt in her head at all, louie in the end understood and he decided to give it a chance. because she was quite raw and made him understand. it wasnt shaming, it was an honest adult conversation. you should probably watch the episode. it wasnt even a date

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 11:17 am

spongy wrote:
As I said I do not follow the show and it is the first time I heard about him.

If a nice guy had given the speech she has given this would have been seen under a completely different light. That is all I wanted to discuss.

I do not know what louie does.

I do not know this lady.

I just know this kept being reposted everywhere this morning and it would have been completely different if it was a guy giving the speech to a girl

I dont think you can just take a clip out of the context and make it serve your ideas and things you want to enforce.
The point was that he was not a nice guy. What if.. thats another thing, totally out of context.. No, if there was a fat short bald guy trying to convince a fat ugly chick to go out with him on the basis that "give me a chance, thats all," it would not be something outrageous. besides men usually discriminate on the basis of beauty, not women (they do it on other terms). so make it a poor guy convincing a princess to go out with him. but hey thats happening in every other movie and thats totally fine, right

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2014, 11:19 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
lol Where did he say that he's entitled to date someone better looking than her? The guy couldn't say a word.

I can see where this thread is going, now women here would side with the woman and say he's a horrible guy while men would side with the man and say she's being whiny.

well go see an episode, and then come back for a chat, ok

the thread was STARTED by a guy claiming that "hey what about the nice guy!"
im not siding with any of the sexes, im just pointing out NOT TO DO THAT! its not about that, its about people wanting more than they can get and loosing out on their chance on happiness because of that

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 11:20 am

Quote:
besides men usually discriminate on the basis of beauty, not women (they do it on other terms).

That's a myth, I saw so much discrimination from women on the basis of looks, height especially.

You yourself were calling this guy ugly and bald and therefore he MUST give a chance to this whiny woman - just because he's "ugly" and "fat".