Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TG
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2007, 8:55 am

For three years, I have woken up at 4:30 and started work by 6 am. Now my supervisor hes told me he wants me to come in at 7 am instead. This may not be a big deal to him, but my life is falling apart because of it!! !
I have to stay an hr later in the day, and this screws up my routine that I've established over the years.
The worst part is that I can't get a straight answer out of him as to why. He has been very vague, just saying that he needs this to happen, or he'll give me an answer, like "We hope to have things organized by the time you come in so you can just start working - THAT'S PART OF THE REASON..." but I never get the other part, so I'm not fully informed. I've asked him to clarify this for me so often, and gotten the same vague answers, that I can't bear to ask him again, but I know I will until I understand his reasons. Because I'm a horrible negotiator, after he gives me an answer, I think I get it, and nod my head and say OK and go to work. But by the end of the day, or like now, in the morning before I go to work, I realise the turmoil it causes in me, and I'm unable to verbalize that to him.
I've told him that I have AS so that he knows a bit better how to communicate with me, and it has gotten better, but this issue, probably the biggest to affect my life, is going unresolved and I'm facing a meltdown at work over it...I know it! And that's the last thing I want to happen!
Can any one give me some ideas, either on how to adjust to the new hrs, or on how to negotiate properly with my supervisor, or at least be heard?????

I'm off to work now, but will check in later, if I can......

c_plante
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2007, 12:05 pm

There is no easy answer.

It usually takes me 3-4 weeks to reestablish a pattern, and for the first week at least I'll be grumpy.

What's worse is I'm being told I might be going on a rotating schedual... It'll change every week.

help!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 4:10 pm

Change makes me unhappy too!

I hope things improve with you soon!

TG
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2007, 9:26 pm

Thanks for the replies...
I think I'm going to be able to adjust, but I know it will take a while.
I actually had a really good day yesterday, so it can't be all bad...!