Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Would you vote for an Atheist to become The President of the US?
Yea 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Meh 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Nay 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
DAWKINS 2016! 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Promises, covenants, and oaths, which are the bonds of human society, can have no hold upon an atheist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
... no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States 50%  50%  [ 12 ]
Don't vote - It just encourages the bastards 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 24

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 9:02 am

Ive heard this before.

Studies show that even among American bigots atheism trumps other stigmas.

Americans would vote for a Black woman lesbian devout Jew before they would vote for a White straight male who was openly atheist ( even if the woman was obese, and the guy was fit and trim).

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 10:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Ive heard this before.

Americans would vote for a Black woman lesbian devout Jew before they would vote for a White straight male who was openly atheist ( even if the woman was obese, and the guy was fit and trim).

Yeah. I don't who is answering this poll, atheist don't have a 'prayer' :D to get elected.

I seen a few times in American newspapers say that 'atheists' must have a mental disorder.
Paper: How could any right thinking person deny the existence of GOD?

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 1:59 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Ive heard this before.

Yeah. I don't who is answering this poll, atheist don't have a 'prayer' :D to get elected.

I seen a few times in American newspapers say that 'atheists' must have a mental disorder.
Paper: How could any right thinking person deny the existence of GOD?

^Yeah, the PEW study released back in March found that 53% of the people in the US say it is necessary to believe in God to be moral and have good values.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 9:07 pm

It depends on the atheist's political views. I would never vote for a hollier-than-thou left-winger who flaunted his atheism in front of everyone, but a socially-liberal, center-right atheist I might vote for if he made convincing arguments. After all, religion and politics are separate things.