Someone on the spectrum 22%  22%  [ 8 ]
Someone not on the spectrum 19%  19%  [ 7 ]
Not too bothered 58%  58%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 36

BritAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2014, 10:20 am

I just wonder how many people both on the spectrum and NTs would date an Aspie/Autie.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:28 am

I honestly prefer someone not on the spectrum. Dealing with myself is hard enough most of the time, regarding AS and epilepsy; I don't have the patience for much more chaos.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 May 2014, 2:02 pm

I would have major communication problems in a relationship with a typical NT because I'm too direct, straightforward & literal. I also have other disabilities & quirks that are hard to understand. My 1st girlfriend was an NT but she had bad dyslexia, ADHD & minor OCD & I have those things as well. My 2nd girlfriend was an Aspie but our personalities in a relationship were somewhat on opposite ends; I was needy & clingy & she was independent & needed alone time. My 3rd which is my current is on the spectrum & is dealing with depression, anxiety & other issues & likes more emotional support which I like giving because I've struggled with those issues before & I really love her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 3:51 pm

I don't think I could even maintain a friendship with someone who was 100% NT. All of my friends are at least slightly leaning towards a spectrum of some sort.

But on the other hand, none of my friends seem to be higher on the spectrum than me, so it could go either way...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 2:06 am

Not on the spectrum.