Are there any girls who LIKE short guys?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 1:41 am

Rodney00 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Rodney00 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Its rare that women will date a man that is significantly shorter than they are. Some will, more so now than back in my day. (I'm 57 years old, and 5' 5") I've asked women about this and they always deny it, but it is almost always the rule. Personally I believe its because of peer pressure (other women tease them), but again they deny this.
do u mean they r more or less likely to date short men today? I'd be inclined to believe its harder for short men today BC of feminism.

Anyway, I might have to try to go to reincarnation and not b a mutant. If I had known I'd be this as an adult when I was 12, I'd have tried sweet suicide.

What does feminism have anything to do with this?

because some feminists and MTV have sought to make the "hot guy" as common in culture as the hot girl, and thus raises standards in looks for women. Also, feminists try to equate being a short guy with being a fat woman. That "womyn" should give men a taste of their own medicine by being shallow. Being short is not an indication of poor taking care of oneself or laziness. Thats why such an equation is wrong.

I've never came across such conspiracy theory before lol.

Look, it's not the feminism, it's simply biological, the female instinct. Traditional women are as serious about the guy's height.

Rodney00
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 May 2014, 1:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Rodney00 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Rodney00 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Its rare that women will date a man that is significantly shorter than they are. Some will, more so now than back in my day. (I'm 57 years old, and 5' 5") I've asked women about this and they always deny it, but it is almost always the rule. Personally I believe its because of peer pressure (other women tease them), but again they deny this.
do u mean they r more or less likely to date short men today? I'd be inclined to believe its harder for short men today BC of feminism.

Anyway, I might have to try to go to reincarnation and not b a mutant. If I had known I'd be this as an adult when I was 12, I'd have tried sweet suicide.

because some feminists and MTV have sought to make the "hot guy" as common in culture as the hot girl, and thus raises standards in looks for women. Also, feminists try to equate being a short guy with being a fat woman. That "womyn" should give men a taste of their own medicine by being shallow. Being short is not an indication of poor taking care of oneself or laziness. Thats why such an equation is wrong.

Look, it's not the feminism, it's simply biological, the female instinct. Traditional women are as serious about the guy's height.
Have you noticed how the general idea of men has become harder to attain? Decades ago, Al Pacino, DeNiro, Brando could be cast and become huge stars. Today, you have to be more "dreamy" aka feminine in the face, today's culture stars are lighter haired, and noticeably taller. Its all teeny boppers like Leo DiCaprio, who was really only good in Titanic and Shutter Island, or Brad Pitt, who is at best, decent, Justin Timberlake, and so on.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 2:05 am

Justin Timberlake is Puke-tastic.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 2:11 am

Rodney00 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Rodney00 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Rodney00 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Have you noticed how the general idea of men has become harder to attain? Decades ago, Al Pacino, DeNiro, Brando could be cast and become huge stars. Today, you have to be more "dreamy" aka feminine in the face, today's culture stars are lighter haired, and noticeably taller. Its all teeny boppers like Leo DiCaprio, who was really only good in Titanic and Shutter Island, or Brad Pitt, who is at best, decent, Justin Timberlake, and so on.

That's in parallel with changing women's media beauty standards too, again such trends have nothing to do with feminism.

Decrapio was never in the voted top hottest male celebrities, Depp, Channing Tatum, Brad pitt, Clooney, Robert Pattinson who make top of the list every time and none of them really look that femininely "dreamy" - and it's normal that teen girls would prefer Pattinson than Clooney.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 3:21 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Back when I was about 20 I hung out with this one group of folks. There were about 15 or so regulars who were there every night, and I was one of them. At the time I was dating this musician from the group, and I later dated another guy from the group, then I met my husband who wasn't in the group and stopped hanging out with them because I was busy dating. That's neither here nor there. I wanted to tell you about Big Bad Billy Joe.

His real name was Billy Joe (probably William Joseph) but the Big Bad part was a nickname, the big part being ironic. He was one of the most popular guys in the group. He was about 5-2 or 5-3. Something like that. I'm 5-10 so I couldn't tell the difference with about an inch of height. He used to joke on his height a lot. However, he developed this image that worked perfectly with it, although I don't know how it would work out of the South. He did work out a lot so he was all buff, but he drove this huge pickup truck, all pimped out with I don't know how much lift on it, but he had the little steps to get up there. I couldn't even get in it without the steps nor could the tall guys. One of THOSE trucks. The huge ones. He also work cowboy boots all the time and dressed in a somewhat Western style so he could wear the boots with them. The boots had about two inch heels on them, like lots of cowboy boots do. They added some height. He also wore a big ole cowboy hat most of the time too, which adds more height. And a big silver belt buckle to kind of balance things out. It not only made him look taller, but standing next to his truck which made everybody look short, it wasn't so noticable that he was that short. Plus, being as big and buff as he was that also made him look bigger. Nobody wanted to mess with him cause of the size of his arms and shoulders. He had girls falling all over him. He was very outgoing and joked around a lot and everything, but was a very nice guy. He had lots of friends too, because even though he could hang with the jocks and joke around with them, he wasn't ever mean to anybody. He would also make jokes about himself as well, although unless you were good friends with him, you didn't make a joke about him because of the whole big buffness of him that would kick your ass for you.

I don't know if you would be interested in anything like that, and I don't know where you live so I don't know if the cowboy thing would work there or not. However, I'd suggest a style where you can wear shoes with some heels on them and possibly lifts inside the shoes, and a look that can incorporate a hat as well. Some kind of hat that is off the head a couple inches. A look using a fedora would work, especially if you aren't muscular and don't want to spend the time working on that. You could wear the skinny jeans and the boots with heels like Russell Brand wears and you could wear tshirts or whatever else with them. You could get fedoras in different colors and such and wear a different one with different outfits. Unless you are in a formal situation, if a hat like that is obviously part of an outfit, you won't need to take it off indoors, so it will be fine in a classroom or restaurant. Something like a ball cap wouldn't be. The hat and boots could become sort of a signature look for you. While it doesn't add actual height, it will add the illusion of height and also give you sort of a cool at first glance look which will help in the first impression department s long as you follow up with talking to people.

With all due respect, such suggestions are silly.

Such radical changes in one's fashion would appear laughable and even desperate to his social circle, and you're actually telling him to change his whole personality/himself.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 3:24 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Yes it's very rare.

But however, when women here reply about this, suddenly ALL women (themselves and all the women they know) have dated a shorter guy in their past. :lol:, all of the sudden all the women folk don't care about height. Every one of them start claiming that they know endless of women dating men shorter than themselves or that they have given a chance to men shorter than themselves (that aside of usually telling us how ugly the experience was and how much greater the experience dating a tall man).

"It's not a disadvantage, it's all in your head, I've dated a shorter guy before" - :lol:

:roll: Yeah right.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 3:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Back when I was about 20 I hung out with this one group of folks. There were about 15 or so regulars who were there every night, and I was one of them. At the time I was dating this musician from the group, and I later dated another guy from the group, then I met my husband who wasn't in the group and stopped hanging out with them because I was busy dating. That's neither here nor there. I wanted to tell you about Big Bad Billy Joe.

His real name was Billy Joe (probably William Joseph) but the Big Bad part was a nickname, the big part being ironic. He was one of the most popular guys in the group. He was about 5-2 or 5-3. Something like that. I'm 5-10 so I couldn't tell the difference with about an inch of height. He used to joke on his height a lot. However, he developed this image that worked perfectly with it, although I don't know how it would work out of the South. He did work out a lot so he was all buff, but he drove this huge pickup truck, all pimped out with I don't know how much lift on it, but he had the little steps to get up there. I couldn't even get in it without the steps nor could the tall guys. One of THOSE trucks. The huge ones. He also work cowboy boots all the time and dressed in a somewhat Western style so he could wear the boots with them. The boots had about two inch heels on them, like lots of cowboy boots do. They added some height. He also wore a big ole cowboy hat most of the time too, which adds more height. And a big silver belt buckle to kind of balance things out. It not only made him look taller, but standing next to his truck which made everybody look short, it wasn't so noticable that he was that short. Plus, being as big and buff as he was that also made him look bigger. Nobody wanted to mess with him cause of the size of his arms and shoulders. He had girls falling all over him. He was very outgoing and joked around a lot and everything, but was a very nice guy. He had lots of friends too, because even though he could hang with the jocks and joke around with them, he wasn't ever mean to anybody. He would also make jokes about himself as well, although unless you were good friends with him, you didn't make a joke about him because of the whole big buffness of him that would kick your ass for you.

I don't know if you would be interested in anything like that, and I don't know where you live so I don't know if the cowboy thing would work there or not. However, I'd suggest a style where you can wear shoes with some heels on them and possibly lifts inside the shoes, and a look that can incorporate a hat as well. Some kind of hat that is off the head a couple inches. A look using a fedora would work, especially if you aren't muscular and don't want to spend the time working on that. You could wear the skinny jeans and the boots with heels like Russell Brand wears and you could wear tshirts or whatever else with them. You could get fedoras in different colors and such and wear a different one with different outfits. Unless you are in a formal situation, if a hat like that is obviously part of an outfit, you won't need to take it off indoors, so it will be fine in a classroom or restaurant. Something like a ball cap wouldn't be. The hat and boots could become sort of a signature look for you. While it doesn't add actual height, it will add the illusion of height and also give you sort of a cool at first glance look which will help in the first impression department s long as you follow up with talking to people.

Such radical changes in one's fashion would appear laughable and even desperate to his social circle, and you're actually telling him to change his whole personality/himself.

They were suggestions and guidelines, not "WEAR THIS!" Sorry you disapprove of something that could work. What wrong with trying to look better and be friendlier? Oh wait, that's right. This is WP L&D, I forgot. I should have put "Make no effort of any kind, no matter how small. When you are still in the same circumstances next year, blame the women for it. When you are still in the same circumstances in five years, blame the jocks for it. When you are in the same circumstances ten years from now, blame society for it. Above all, never make any changes which could actually help you!"

I didn't tell him to go buy a big truck and dress like Billy Joe. I suggested maybe a hat and some shoes. People change their styles all the time and it can be done gradually so it doesn't look silly.

But OP, sorry for the laughable and desperate sounding suggestion. Especially from me because females have no idea what might catch the eye of other females, thus giving the guy a chance to talk to her. Boo is right. Stay the way you are and blame everybody else. His success is proof of how well his theory works.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 4:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Yes it's very rare.

But however, when women here reply about this, suddenly ALL women (themselves and all the women they know) have dated a shorter guy in their past. :lol:, all of the sudden all the women folk don't care about height. Every one of them start claiming that they know endless of women dating men shorter than themselves or that they have given a chance to men shorter than themselves (that aside of usually telling us how ugly the experience was and how much greater the experience dating a tall man).

"It's not a disadvantage, it's all in your head, I've dated a shorter guy before" - :lol:

I've dated two guys shorter than me. One was significantly shorter and the other was a few inches shorter. The one that was significantly shorter I met because he was a friend of the guy I had previously dated and we had all hung out together. He was a cool guy and I liked him. It wasn't ever serious but we dated for a few months. It ended when he went in the Navy. He was exactly at the cutoff height to join. Oddly enough, he liked it when I wore those really high heels. He had a thing for tall girls. I'm 5-10 anyway so that made me a lot taller than him. We just couldn't slow dance in public when we went out because it looked funny, but otherwise there were no problems. He's now married to a foreign girl he met somewhere in the Navy and they have a bunch of kids.

The one that was just a few inches shorter was a guy who hung out in the same group I did. He was the guy who was rich that I dated. I liked him too and he was cute and all and I thought we would hit it off romantically because we hit it off as friends, but there just wasn't a spark there. We went out for a few weeks I guess, but no romantic feelings developed so I quit going out with him. He's now married to the sister of the musician I used to date and they have kids.

I know several girls who haven't dated shorter guys and a couple who wouldn't date shorter guys. Yes, some girls are all hung up on height, other girls are all hung up on looks, and even others are all hung up on money or jobs or cars. Some are all hung up on all of those. So no, not every girl has dated shorter guys. The reason they may chime in on the thread to say they did date shorter guys is probably because they did date a shorter guy. Do you expect girls to post and go "Oh, I never dated a shorter guy"?

One of my mothers friends who came to her funeral was married to a midget for about 50 years though. They have a couple of kids, and now grandkids and great grandkids. He died a few years back. When I say midget, I'm not meaning short, I mean an actual midget. Like from the tv show. All their kids were normal height though. He had to have special things on his car and everything. My mother was a bridesmaid at her wedding, and after the funeral she sent me a photo of my mother at her wedding, in one of those 1950's crinoline dresses. And for the record, I don't know if my mother dated a shorter guy. My dad was something like 6-5.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 4:09 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

They were suggestions and guidelines, not "WEAR THIS!" Sorry you disapprove of something that could work. What wrong with trying to look better and be friendlier? Oh wait, that's right. This is WP L&D, I forgot. I should have put "Make no effort of any kind, no matter how small. When you are still in the same circumstances next year, blame the women for it. When you are still in the same circumstances in five years, blame the jocks for it. When you are in the same circumstances ten years from now, blame society for it. Above all, never make any changes which could actually help you!"

I didn't tell him to go buy a big truck and dress like Billy Joe. I suggested maybe a hat and some shoes. People change their styles all the time and it can be done gradually so it doesn't look silly.

But OP, sorry for the laughable and desperate sounding suggestion. Especially from me because females have no idea what might catch the eye of other females, thus giving the guy a chance to talk to her. Boo is right. Stay the way you are and blame everybody else. His success is proof of how well his theory works.

I didn't say any theory and I am not telling him to stay the way he is.

If I wanna give him a more practical suggestion, I would say he should works out (which you already said it) but not becoming too square-like buff, and to work on his career/job/education - aka having a professional life, a bit of grooming is necessary too. And oh to stop blaming on feminism (this is so ridiculous) and to ACCEPT that his height as a disadvantageous trait for dating that needs to be compensated by values/qualities. He should also not be so hung on weight and super looks, short girls tend to have more fat control problem, and I would advise him to go for short girls unless he's asked out by taller girls.

But hat and high boots? How this can be done gradually without being so apparent?

and hey, don't get personal and poke about my relationships/dating success.

من كانَ بيتُهُ من زُجاج لا يرمي الناسَ بالحجارة - "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 May 2014, 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gizalba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2014, 4:15 am

I like short guys, but only because I don't want them to be too much taller than myself, so seeing as I am 5'1" it just so happens that anything not too much taller than that is pretty short for a guy. It probably is true that most girls prefer a man taller than them, from observation, but it obviously does happen. One of my female friends is quite a bit taller than her long-term boyfriend - admittedly only one but I think it being rare doesn't mean you should give up. There's so many people in the world it's surely very possible for you to find someone, unless you give up. I'm not sure how I'd personally feel about dating a guy smaller than me. It wouldn't be on my list of 'ideal' features, but it probably wouldn't be a dealbreaker if I really liked them, whereas a lot taller than me probably would, for practical reasons. I like to be able to kiss a guy comfortably whilst standing up - if I have to get a stool in order to do that, that's not good :P

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 4:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

If I wanna give him a more practical suggestion, I would say he should works out (which you already said it) but not becoming too square-like buff, and to work on his career/job/education - aka having a professional life, a bit of grooming is necessary too. And oh to stop blaming on feminism (this is so ridiculous) and to ACCEPT that his height as a disadvantageous trait for dating that needs to be compensated by values/qualities. He should also not be so hung on weight and super looks, short girls tend to have more fat control problem, and I would advise him to go for short girls unless he's asked out by taller girls.

But hat and high boots? How this can be done gradually without being so apparent?

من كانَ بيتُهُ من زُجاج لا يرمي الناسَ بالحجارة - "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

That saying isn't exactly applicable here you know.

I suggested something like boots with an inch or so heel and maybe a hat. How is that ridiculous? I'm not talking about something gaudy and tacky, you can get something like that that isn't so in your face. And whats wrong with a hat? Lots of guys wear hats, and fedoras are actually in fashion again. It would simply look like he's trying something that is in style. Many people try things that are in style.

He could use those suggestions in lots of ways, not just by following them to the letter and dressing like Russel Brand. They make lots of shoes for guys with heels. They also make plenty of them with lifts inside. He could find something that fits his style that gives him a little more height. There are lots of types of hats that can add the illusion of height, and plenty of guys wear hats, so he could find something that would work. I just suggested a fedora because I like them. If a hat is out of the question then he could get a layered type haircut and blowdry it so it's fuller on the top to add an inch. It's a concept. I don't know how old he is, so I don't know what look would work for him. I just suggested things off the top of my head as a guide.

And I said what I did because very often you tend to shoot down everybody else's advice as idiotic. Even advice given by people who have had success in the field that is being discussed. I just thought it was ironic that you did that. If you want to be quoting sayings at each other, then the one I think is appropriate for that is "Those who can't do, teach". My relationships are certainly not the best, but they aren't the worst either.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 5:01 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

That saying isn't exactly applicable here you know.

I suggested something like boots with an inch or so heel and maybe a hat. How is that ridiculous? I'm not talking about something gaudy and tacky, you can get something like that that isn't so in your face. And whats wrong with a hat? Lots of guys wear hats, and fedoras are actually in fashion again. It would simply look like he's trying something that is in style. Many people try things that are in style.

He could use those suggestions in lots of ways, not just by following them to the letter and dressing like Russel Brand. They make lots of shoes for guys with heels. They also make plenty of them with lifts inside. He could find something that fits his style that gives him a little more height. There are lots of types of hats that can add the illusion of height, and plenty of guys wear hats, so he could find something that would work. I just suggested a fedora because I like them. If a hat is out of the question then he could get a layered type haircut and blowdry it so it's fuller on the top to add an inch. It's a concept. I don't know how old he is, so I don't know what look would work for him. I just suggested things off the top of my head as a guide.

And I said what I did because very often you tend to shoot down everybody else's advice as idiotic. Even advice given by people who have had success in the field that is being discussed. I just thought it was ironic that you did that. If you want to be quoting sayings at each other, then the one I think is appropriate for that is "Those who can't do, teach". My relationships are certainly not the best, but they aren't the worst either.

Success in what? In having relationships and dating? This is totally irrelevant to his problem. I was talking about attraction, attraction comes first but in order for a relationship/dating to succeed , this often has nothing to do with height.

You are not a short guy - why you would know better how a short guy becomes more attractive to women and getting more dates/attention? As a short guy I definitely know better than you because I lived it and experimented it, I have a better idea what works and it's definitely not the shoes nor any other illusion tricks to appear taller, girls will notice them and how much difference they would even make? You think girls would fall for him automatically and suddenly just because he tricked them for appear an inch or half taller? It won't, not even close.

And none of my past relationships didn't work out (except one puppy love) because of height, your past success in relationships doesn't give you more score points about knowing what works for short guys.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 5:48 am

My tips for the op:

1- Forget the lift shoes unless you want to wear only lift shoes for life, forget trying to appear taller with some haircuts unless you want to be stuck with specific haircuts for life. These aren't really practical. I would say forget the hat too unless it's a common cultural thing in your area/community.

3- Work out, be athletic (swimmer body), it would improve a lot your body posture as well without trying to improve your body posture (if you try hard to be standing a taller body posture, gals WILL notice it - you as a short guy you're more prone to being accused/thought of having height complex), don't go super buff and don't ever go steroids.

3- Wear clothes that fit you well, tend to wear mature colors (dark), avoid the very vivid colors and child-like clothes.

4- Some sites advise to wear vertical stripes, I personally wear a variety of clothes, it won't harm to add some vertical stripes to your wardrobe because almost everyone does.

5- Don't waste your time going for tall gals unless they ask you out first. Go for short gals only.

6- Don't be so hung on and picky on gal's weight, short gals tend to have much tougher time managing their fat than tall gals (and than short guys), finding a short adult woman with a smaller equivalent of all-time model-like body proportions is harder and those would be very exotic and desirable by everyone anyway including tall guys, competition over them is huge.

7- Stop with the conspiracy theories already.

8- Work on getting/advancing/excelling a job/career (and car, depending on your location), all the above is useless without them.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 May 2014, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 6:01 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes it's very rare.

Every man under 5`8" is doomed to a life of solitude and rejection.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 6:04 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes it's very rare.

Where I said that? :roll: and 5'8" isn't short. The disadvantage is more apparent when it's 5'5 and under. And no, they are not necessarily doomed to a life of rejection.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 6:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes it's very rare.

Where I said that? :roll:

If lack of height is such a disadvantage for men, I would conclude that would be the inevitable outcome. Why else would there be page upon page focusing on one physical attribute?<picking up violin>

Peter Dinklage is married, if it becomes a contest...

Last edited by MjrMajorMajor on 22 May 2014, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.