Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 3:15 pm

wozeree wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
wozeree wrote:
That's what confuses me, it's not an MX17 and I don't know what the difference is or if that one will work.
But you did excellent work sir because you are right, I can ask them. Thanks!! !!

You should be able to identify it by flipping it over and reading the badge on the back.

Thanks, that looks like a cool video, watched the first few minutes - ha at least I know to buy those tiny screwdrivers. He should have broken it up though by job though.

That's one thing I hate about disassembling laptops, whenever you try to look up guides on how to do it online, they always show you how to take apart the WHOLE THING, not just how to take it apart in such a way that you can get at the parts you need to access. As well, these guides almost NEVER show you how to reassemble the laptop once you're done tinkering with its innards, which drives me nuts since reassembly is often 10x harder than disassembly. The Alienware service manuals do a little bit of a better job than most laptop service manuals, but I still find them to be somewhat inadequate.

If you take apart and reassemble your laptop enough though, you should eventually figure out which parts need to be taken apart to access certain components, and which parts can be left as they are.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 4:36 pm

If you have another computer, google 'LCD Screen replacement' for your make and model of computer. Also, go on youtube and do a search on how to replace the screen on your computer. Get the screen and replace it yourself. -- You can probably get replacement screen for that system for about $200 or so.