the most common cause of death for Americans at every age

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 3:10 pm

I would like to see this broken down homicide specific seeing as how the NRA and pro gun groups are so hell bent on convincing us that it is unsafe to peep out a closet keyhole unless we are packing a mini militia in our watch pocket.

http://trove.com/me/content/oZ6aJ?chid= ... aign=srfan

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:01 am

I remember reading how right wingers' brains were constructed differently than left wingers' brains, in that the parts responsible for fear/caution were larger, so that might shed some light on right wingers' predilection for law and order, and guns.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:09 am

[quote="auntblabby"]I remember reading how right wingers' brains were constructed differently than left wingers' brains, in that the parts responsible for fear/caution were larger, so that might shed some light on right wingers' predilection for law and order, and guns.[/quotskljjflkjfkl;mv cvasjn;lkvml;m ; mskmv; d;lmm;d ; m; ;dlmml ;l mmv;d
',vldvm;klllllllllllllllllllllllll v;ms;mv;lkmnvl;vm,m;lmv m;lvmmv;ml; vl;l

Last edited by khaoz on 24 May 2014, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:12 am

you are way braver than me.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
you are way braver than me.

kdhajqlq ;aslffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffwsoiiwkoko[gbk wskgr eo wksjkvfso[ikopo solsgjkjkgrovgokjskojkd sossookgs[o ok oksmfowowjkfowjfwfkw[ok[okwofko

Last edited by khaoz on 24 May 2014, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:35 am

I knew a guy at work who was [he claimed] a retired sergeant major, and he walked around with a thousand bucks in his pocket at any given time. the rest of us joked that he must be a secret ninja or something.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
I knew a guy at work who was [he claimed] a retired sergeant major, and he walked around with a thousand bucks in his pocket at any given time. the rest of us joked that he must be a secret ninja or something.

He could be for real. I know a disabled vet in Norfolk who receives VA disability and SSDI to the sum of almost $4000 a month and he flashes it around like he hasn't a care in the world. I say the same things about him. He lives in an almost comatose state because he is always amped up on pain killers and alcohol and has a laundry list physical problems.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:44 am

I don't think that guy will live too long like that. his liver will give out. I am a left-winger but I must have the same kind of overactive amygdala or whatever brainy doohickey because I also am prone to catastrophizing and over-emphasizing the dangers of things.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:58 am

auntblabby wrote:
I don't think that guy will live too long like that. his liver will give out. I am a left-winger but I must have the same kind of overactive amygdala or whatever brainy doohickey because I also am prone to catastrophizing and over-emphasizing the dangers of things.

I agree. I think he already had liver problems plus he has diabetes. He is schizophrenic and has a house full of guns. He has alreaddy served time for manslaughter and spends far too much time fantasizing about finding ways to shoot his guns. I can't see him going too much longer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:00 am

I wonder if he has any kinfolk?

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
I wonder if he has any kinfolk?

He is married, and has at least one sister. It was this sisters husband that he killed for abusing his sister. I'm not sure about any other family.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:10 am

if the powers that be took all his weapons, I wonder what he would do?

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:19 am

auntblabby wrote:

I think he would get drunk and take a handful of pain killers. He doesn't seem to have to love affair with his guns that I see other people display. He is too absorbed in other diversions.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:20 am

auntblabby wrote:

I think he would get drunk and take a handful of pain killers. He doesn't seem to have to love affair with his guns that I see other people display. He is too absorbed in other diversions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:23 am

it takes all kinds to make a world, but some folks have a lot more drama than other folks.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
it takes all kinds to make a world, but some folks have a lot more drama than other folks.

<<<<<>>> drama queen here