Anyone in a relationship with a male aspie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Koolkitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 8:32 am

Hi, I am new to this sight. I'm here so that I can better understand my fiancé . Learn a little more about NT ladies who are in a relationship wilth male Aspies.
I'm very excited about this website!

BornThisWay
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2014, 1:17 pm

Hi Koolkitty...welcome to WP - look around, explore and learn.

IMO the most important thing is to not let labels define your relationship. Treat him like HIM...not a diagnosis. I'm not particularly NT...If there had been an aspie dx when I was a kid, I'd have gotten the label...I just got stamped weird. So read up on our world, you're a part of it! There's lots of pretty good literature out there describing what it's like...enjoy!

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2014, 11:49 pm

Welcome to WP. Take time to read, read and read more about what its like being an Aspie and it will open your eyes and help your relationship. My wife and I struggled in our marriage till I got formaly diagnosed with AS about 6 months ago, now we have both educated ourselves and we are much better off. She understands me better, and is able to help me cope, rather than push me into meltdowns or shutdowns. Understands why after a day of heavy socializing, that me going to my room to play with my model trains, or watch TV alone in the bedroom, is just my way of calming my mind and regenerating. That I need that down time to avoid a meltdown or total shutdown. She like you will be, is still learning. I wish you both the best in the years to come. Mike

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 2:32 am

Hello CoolKitty and welcome to WrongPlanet!