Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:25 pm

Hello everyone,

What are some mods that you simply can't live without in gaming? For me, I can't live without Rei's Minimap for minecraft, its obviously a minimap for minecraft but extremely useful. I get lost very quick without it.

Pic,

Plus I love the high definition resource pack for Half Life Source.

Pic,

Actually I love texture packs in general as I don't like to change the overall feel of the original game that much but some mods I find necessary, like Rei's Minimap.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:36 pm

Oops, I thought this thread was going to be a celebration of TallyMan or something! :lol:

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2014, 6:21 pm

Optifine for mine-craft because my potato laptop can't go any higher than 14 fps on mine-craft without it :roll:

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 8:17 pm

DeuceKaboose wrote:
Optifine for mine-craft because my potato laptop can't go any higher than 14 fps on mine-craft without it :roll:

Wow, I just discovered the shader pack for minecraft. Awesome mod, I take it Optifine does the opposite in terms of graphics. Very cool.

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2014, 8:26 pm

dcj123 wrote:
DeuceKaboose wrote:

Wow, I just discovered the shader pack for minecraft. Awesome mod, I take it Optifine does the opposite in terms of graphics. Very cool.

Well sort of optifine allows tons more graphics options so that you can disable many features to make minecraft run much better,because of all the added graphics options minecraft can also look much better at the same time

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 2:25 am

Carriage weight mods for all kinds of RPGs. ^^ I so totally hate it to leave something behind.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 3:06 am

dcj123 wrote:
DeuceKaboose wrote:

Those minecraft shaders are amazing, when you put light sources behind a buildings stained-glass windows, it makes for some pretty INSANE eye-candy, I made a giant tower with massive stained glass windows doing this and the visuals are night were insane, it looked sublime and very atmospheric.

Although to make it just as pretty in the inside, you have to make the windows 3 tiles from the outside to the inside so you can put a beacon or a block with a torch at the center. This is so you can get the 'glowing windows' effects from the inside as well... It's massively time consuming. I almost finished a tower like this almost two weeks ago but for unknown reason my world was wiped when I relogged into it. It's a shame considering how many hours I put into that thing!

But yea, minecraft shaders are amazing, cannot play it without it.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 3:23 am

Another game mod worth noting is the Wake of Gods mod for Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete, its awesome. The original game and mod are very good and worth playing if anyone has never heard of it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 5:01 am

ZRP mod for STALKER...that game is far too buggy without it. I've tried other mods for the game, but most of them add a few features I like, and a LOT of features that are just "I changed this because I could change it".

There's also a couple mods for Thief that change some of the textures/models/etc. to their counterparts from Thief II. I've tried playing the game vanilla a few times, but that game just doesn't look very pretty...even when it came out it looked dated >_<

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 7:11 am

If I ever get back into Half-Life 1 through Steam, I have to have Scientist Hunt. One of the more rediculous mods for Half-Life. First to kill 150 scientists win.

My Blog
Deviantart Page