Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2014, 10:22 pm

Former Secretary of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, Eric Shinseki, has resigned. The treatment of this man by the Congress and the President is unacceptable. His resignation will do nothing to solve the VA's problems. General (retired) Shinseki is a 4 star general and a former Chief of Staff of the Army. Our generals and admirals are far better people than most members of Congress and the executive branch. Shame on the politicians for persecuting such a decent man.
Thought?

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 12:17 am

You're right, he's just a convenient sacrifice to throw on the altar. The bottom line is that the two wars we started post 9/11 have created a massive demand for veteran medical care, and America's most powerful men have never legitimately cared about the well being of veterans or soldiers. They're simply a commodity to be used.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 1:21 am

no good deed goes unpunished. the persecution of decent folks for sport is nothing new in this nation.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 3:54 am

You never had to work under his command. I was at the Pentagon while he was deputy chief of Staff, Operations and Plans for the Army. Talk about a lack of coherence of command!

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 10:12 am

I smell a skunk. Obama repeal didn't work.
Benghazi gate is a waste of time
gun walker false flag didnt work
IRS gate didn't work
80+ months of slander, co*kblocking obstructionism didn't work

Everything these zero integrity Conservatives have been fabricating to drag Obama through the mud has not worked

Even Karl Rove and the Romney boys trying to rig the Ohio ballot didnt work

Now VA gate.

And every bit of it because these whiners cannot accept that they are getting thrashed.

And still they are trying to steal elections.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 11:52 am

Meistersinger wrote:
You never had to work under his command. I was at the Pentagon while he was deputy chief of Staff, Operations and Plans for the Army. Talk about a lack of coherence of command!

can you tell me what you did in the military, por favor? Image

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 11:55 am

khaoz wrote:
I smell a skunk. Obama repeal didn't work. Benghazi gate is a waste of time gun walker false flag didnt work IRS gate didn't work 80+ months of slander, co*kblocking obstructionism didn't work Everything these zero integrity Conservatives have been fabricating to drag Obama through the mud has not worked Even Karl Rove and the Romney boys trying to rig the Ohio ballot didnt work Now VA gate. And every bit of it because these whiners cannot accept that they are getting thrashed. And still they are trying to steal elections.

they have co-conspirators in the form of our fifth column of moneymen, as well as durable legions of low-information voters who consistently vote against their own economic interests just to stick it to people they don't like.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 12:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
I smell a skunk. Obama repeal didn't work. Benghazi gate is a waste of time gun walker false flag didnt work IRS gate didn't work 80+ months of slander, co*kblocking obstructionism didn't work Everything these zero integrity Conservatives have been fabricating to drag Obama through the mud has not worked Even Karl Rove and the Romney boys trying to rig the Ohio ballot didnt work Now VA gate. And every bit of it because these whiners cannot accept that they are getting thrashed. And still they are trying to steal elections.

they have co-conspirators in the form of our fifth column of moneymen, as well as durable legions of low-information voters who consistently vote against their own economic interests just to stick it to people they don't like.

...and I still wonder what connection Fox News has to McDonalds and how much bonus the typical McDonalds manager gets paid to blast the Fox News propaganda machine into the ears of little toddlers all day long.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm

http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-05- ... is-tough#2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 2:20 pm

khaoz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
khaoz wrote:

...and I still wonder what connection Fox News has to McDonalds and how much bonus the typical McDonalds manager gets paid to blast the Fox News propaganda machine into the ears of little toddlers all day long.

I'm glad the mickey-d's in my area don't do that crap.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 5:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

can you tell me what you did in the military, por favor? Image

I was working as a contractor in the Information Management Support Office, Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations and Plans (DCSOPS) for the U.S. Army when Shinseki was the DCSOPS. I never saw any coordination between Shinsecki, Gen. Otto Gunther, the head of DISC4, or between DCSOPS, DCSINT, DCSLOG, and DISC4. My assigned duty was as an information architect. The information architecture group was responsible to documenting the layout of the LAN within DCSOPS, was well as the WAN between the DCSOPS offices at The Pentagon, Ft. Belvoir and Ft. Leavenworth. We were also responsible for specifying what hardware and software were to be deployed within DCSOPS, as well as DMS. We were also tasked to report on any type of new technologies that would be of use to DCSOPS.

In addition, I was tasked to investigate systems to archive all data on DCSOPS servers and workstations, as required by the National Archives and Records Administration.

Additionally, I was tasked to maintain a database of any and all Year 2000 issues that would affect the daily operation of DCSOPS, as well as any and all security issues with Windows NT4.

Where I ran into trouble with DCSOPS was with Year 2000. DISC4 was responsible maintaining that database. Whenever an issue would come up on whether this item needed to be reported, I would call on DISC4 for clarification. Every time I called DISC4 for further guidance, I would get a completely different answer on what to report. When I would call someone else within DSCOPS and IMSO, I would get nothing but silence. It got to the point where I sat down with my supervisor (she who would later betray me to DISC4, IMSO and ALL of their vendors) and made the decision to report everything in this database. Well, as Y2K compliance began to wind down, this stupid ass Aspie caught hell from every one in DCSOPS and DISC4 for reporting everything, when the only thing DISC4 wanted was any and all hardware that could not be made ready for Y2K.

There's a lot more bullsh*t that went on in that office I got blamed for, where I could not get any kind of guidance, but I won't bore you with the details.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 5:34 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
There's a lot more bullsh*t that went on in that office I got blamed for, where I could not get any kind of guidance, but I won't bore you with the details.

so you were a mid-level officer in the military there?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 5:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Read the start of my reply again. I was employed as a civilian contractor. I came to that job straight from the GPS program office at Naval Research and Development Division Detachment--Warminster, PA.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 5:52 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Read the start of my reply again. I was employed as a civilian contractor. I came to that job straight from the GPS program office at Naval Research and Development Division Detachment--Warminster, PA.

soory, am a bit dense at times. it did not occur to me that contractor=civilian. now it makes sense to me. be thankful you were not active duty military..

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

soory, am a bit dense at times. it did not occur to me that contractor=civilian. now it makes sense to me. be thankful you were not active duty military..

No problem. With my health as bad as it is (type 2 diabetes, as well as hypertension and high cholesterol, in addition to anxiety, bipolar I and ASD), you can understand now why I no longer seek work in any government entity. Upon looking back, I'm glad I never got the position at EPA. Of course 9/11 had a lot to do with that, as I was supposed to interview at EPA on 9/11/2001.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 6:06 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
With my health as bad as it is (type 2 diabetes, as well as hypertension and high cholesterol, in addition to anxiety, bipolar I and ASD), you can understand now why I no longer seek work in any government entity. Upon looking back, I'm glad I never got the position at EPA. Of course 9/11 had a lot to do with that, as I was supposed to interview at EPA on 9/11/2001.

hopefully you have your pension to look forward to in 3&1/2 years. I have to wait until 2020 for mine, if it is still there by then. I was in the uncivil service after my army time so I was double-marinated in stress, I guess. it did a number on my health, which I am still recovering from.