Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 1:07 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqLtbw0rlM[/youtube] :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 6:40 am

Atheists...

Just wanna have Fuh...unnnnn...

That's all they really want...

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

It's interesting to see what it looks like when theist logic is apple to everyday situations. Doesn't it?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm

A sin is something someone's "big daddy in the sky" said they couldn't do.

Your big daddy is not my boss, so I'll do as I please.

I've noticed many people who say they religiously follow their "big daddy" rules actually don't (at all?). I think it's just something to talk about after church for some.

So whether you follow your own rules or "big daddy's" rules it actually always depends on the individual, not on whether they believe in "big daddy". I have no problem following a moral code of my own, nor do many others.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 8:46 am

It is not a sin to practice one's own free will unless or until doing so is at the expense of another.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 5:24 pm

I leave the idol worship to Christians. Though I do enjoy a little coveting and adultery at times.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2014, 10:32 pm

I'm thinking we atheists could attract more followers if we instituted some kind of reward system... like, more rank insignia pips on your 'A' armband for every hundred abortions caused or teenagers recruited into the homosexual agenda. When you hit a certain level, you get a "commissar cap".

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 1:32 am

drh1138 wrote:
I'm thinking we atheists could attract more followers if we instituted some kind of reward system... like, more rank insignia pips on your 'A' armband for every hundred abortions caused or teenagers recruited into the homosexual agenda. When you hit a certain level, you get a "commissar cap".

Atheists are generally not interested in followers. What they would dearly love to see is believers not curtailing their rights. Atheists are discriminated against in politics and employment. Peoples religious beliefs should be totally separated from the political process.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 6:02 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqLtbw0rlM[/youtube] :lol:

Some of that is relativism, the philosophy not the science. I don't believe that atheists just want to sin - I think most are taught to be atheists from childhood and many others just get sick of sunday morning gossip clubs or other things with churchian culture. Some are vastly more intellectual, but others I think are often just rage-quitting ex-churchians who have gotten tired of some of the bullcrap.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 12:15 pm

Many children may be raised as atheists in an atheist family, but since most atheists don't make a big deal out of not worshiping a deity, chances are very good they won't be preaching to their children either. I know a number of people who are atheists, raised in a family without religious training, but never were taught about atheism by parents.

I think it always comes down to faith in God.

If you have faith chances are you were taught it when you were a kid, and subject to experience, it remains with you.

I don't believe it likely faith will appear in a vacuum (although I believe it is possible). Faith doesn't grow on trees you know.

So no training = "no faith" = no belief in God.