Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2014, 6:19 pm

I just get really annoyed atm, I keep saying I'm gonna try to do this or that and I never do and this applies to things I want to do such as ask someone out or even talk to them and it also impacts genral everyday things like bothering to take rubbish out, hang clothes up stuff like that.

I want to change this I want I really want to do the things I dream of the things I want yet icould but I don't do them even though I want to...... what dose this mean, do I really want to do them? Yet I know I do but I don't, could it my anxiety, depression I just don't understand if I want to should I not just do it? What dose thus mean do I want to do these things or not?

Im fed up of being like this, I want to feel fulfilled have friends and a special somebody yet I do do anything why do I do this, I never even help myself.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 6:26 pm

depression and anxiety probably have everything to do with why you aren't taking steps toward your goals. try not to pick on yourself about being too sick to make the kinds of strides you feel you should be making. if you had a broken arm, you wouldn't be angry with yourself for not being able to play football. same thing here.

try taking some small steps. hang up a shirt. or go for a five minute walk and say "hi" to one person. then pat yourself on the back for doing something.

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm

I try to do things like that, but for me getting through the day is a task. Small steps for me make me feel good that I did tbe step but I quickly lose that feeling, plus it never feels like it stacks as I don't feel like I build up to anything like each step dose not add up to the last as when I accomplish something it still is just as hard to do it again.

I know I should not have duch a negative out look but tgats honestly what I feel.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 6:54 pm

You lack energy. Depression is your brain shutting your energy down, keeping you from doing things. It does this usually because someone's convinced themselves that they'll probably fail at whatever they try. Do you feel that way?

You need a win, a victory. Find something useful to do, something that helps someone or something besides yourself. It'll help remind you that you're worth something, that you're better off here on Earth than not on it.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 10:27 pm

OP, do you really want friends..? Have you had them? For me when I was your age I really just wanted to be included but honestly, I could count the people I wanted to hang out with at age seventeen on one hand.

I wouldn't really worry too much about it, when you've truly had enough.. when you find out that the people you dream of asking out will move on with their lives instead of wait,

Why isn't it that we can't go the extra mile to get what we want? Ask yourself.. why is it that you don't act for yourself. I've been asking myself the same question.. and the truth is there's really no good reason, you just need to do it--even if its really difficult.