looking for advice, will be talking with my therapist.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mewtwo55555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm

So my uncle recently passed away, I didnt know him too well. But it is somewhat affecting some of my other family members my grandma who is 90 isnt sleeping, and cause shes not sleeping she is forgetting more things. Like she called my dad 5 different names when he visited her. He talked about some cousins of mine and she had no idea who they were. Anywho around june 20th I will be moving to another city about 1 hour away from my parents. At the moment I live about 2 miles away from my parents and visit there place around 3 times a week for a couple hours each time. I was wondering in other aspies oppinions should I put the move on hold? Cause the last thing i want is to have major things happen in my life and be an hour away from my parents and still getting a "support net" formed where i moving.

Anywho will be talking with my therapist about this and such just wanted fellow aspie's oppinions.

Thanks

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 1:31 pm

Condolences on the loss of your Uncle. I'm sure it's tough on all your family.

I'd be tempted to hold off on the move for a few weeks or so but only you will know what's best for you.

Take care.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 2:40 pm

I'm not sure what "major things happening in your life" means? Do you mean the possibility that your grandmother is developing dementia? Even if that does happen, it could be a long slow process of decline, and one that your parents will be able to deal with. Unless you are committed to staying with your family until your grandmother's eventual death (and after that, your own parents will be getting old...it's always something) then you should probably make your move as planned.