Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:31 pm

I may not have a job much longer, most every time I see my boss he rants at me about something, he is always demeaning me. well, this morning I was supposed to meet him to do some work with him, but instead I just couldnt deal with him. I was feeling vary physical and having daydreams of slamming his ass against a wall the next time he got in my face. so I done him a favor and called him and told him i wasn't coming in for the basic reason I was sick of him ranting at me most every time i seen him.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

Seems like an equitable arrangement to me. Your boss is abusive of what likely amounts to very little power, and he probably hired you because he wanted never to do your job. Let him have a sick day at the office, I told my neighbor this yesterday regarding about half the employees of the grocery store in town.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:53 pm

Well, in many ways he has helped me over the years, given me work when there was none around. but your right, the work he gives me is the work no one ever wants to have to do, and I am so sick of the crap work. he just does not seem to understand me, he is always trying to control me with my need for money, the last time he owed me money he kept waiting for me to come begging for him to pay me, but no, i let almost 3 months go by without demanding to be payed. I DO NOT WORSHIP MONEY, yes its a necessity, but i do not let that rule my life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:54 pm

Does your job have something to do with logging or tourism?

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:58 pm

No, I am just a handyman, doing the crap work no one else wants to do.

And quite frankly I am trying to get back on disability, I just cant handle dealing with people anymore and just want to be left alone.

Last edited by AspergianMutantt on 06 Jun 2014, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:59 pm

I know that sucks.

Have you ever considered doing maintenance for a hospital or something?

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 2:09 pm

I have no friends, I tried to make him friend by asking him many times over the years to take that time to just get out with me and it not be work related and all he has done is refused. my patience with him has finely ran out. and I could give a crap less that there is no other work around.

Whats really going to hurt is I rent from the people he works with., and I have a kid. he kept trying to use that to control me, he figured wrong. I used to be gypsy and traveled this continent coast to cost at the drop of a hat and living off the land as I went, difference now is I now have a child I care for. if it wasn't for my kid I would just flip them off and walk away and not go back. I shall never give up my son, but I oh so do miss that FREEDOM. once you allow your self to be a slave to money then that is exactly what you are and have become, a SLAVE.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm

It sounds like you would like Jack Kerouac's "On the Road."

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 3:43 pm

I spent nearly a decade on the road, for the basic reason I loved that freedom. the only reason I stopped Is I wanted the love of a good woman and to have children. well, woman it seems wants little to do with me, but I now do have that son. if I could I would take him on the road with me so we could tour the planet and share those experiences together. but honestly if I tried the government would take my kid from me, therefore I have became their slave. yes I could if there was no mother, but because of her I am bound to this area and cant leave.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm

You were born in the wrong generation (as was I); you would have thrived in the 50's--the Golden Age of Hitchhiking!

In "On the Road," the main character's aunt gave him $50. That lasted him a couple of months.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 4:12 pm

I have crossed this country on motorcycle, and I even at one time had my own hippie buss. I have road the rails, but for the most part I thumbed it.

Woman wants that security of a hard working man that worships the all mighty dollar. I have met vary few women that would enjoy that freedom, and the ones I did meet were already taken. it would have been oh so nice to have had that companion as I traveled. if I had that female with me as I traveled I would have taken good care of her, and made sure we had that bus or road bike, I would have never let her have to stick out that thumb nor come into harms way.

Last edited by AspergianMutantt on 06 Jun 2014, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 4:15 pm

Aged 50 I was in a similar position to you, only my boss was a French woman with zero management skills and a sharp tongue. The difference is that I always planned to retire at fifty so the day after my birthday I walked into her office, put my resignation on her desk, and walked out. I now work for myself and I'm MUCH happier.

And my ex-boss? She rubbed someone up the wrong way and got fired three months later.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 4:22 pm

There was this one gypsy woman I had such a hard on for, god I wanted her so bad. It just makes me so sad she was already taken. we crossed paths many times as we traveled the country. she was so pretty and wild, I loved that, i cared less she never shaved her legs. she was the type of girl that would go hiking with me just to see whats over the next mountain. man that guy she was with was so lucky to have her. she was one of a kind, what a gem. her image is still burned into my mind even to this day, I wanted her oh so bad. I hope that someday we will cross paths again, but as long as I am sitting still its unlikely, gypsies have a way about them, you keep moving you will bump into each other again and again but if you sit still the odds are you will never meet again.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 2:59 pm

I wouldn't quite call myself handyman but I have a good habit of properly diagnosing car mechanicals & electronics. I know installations of any sort can be absolutely nuts on the office side, switching to the right technical niche can be great!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: