Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 3:40 am

Jacoby wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Bad side to this is that Tea Party Conservatives are even more dishonest and lacking integrity than mainstream Conservatives. Tea Party Conservatives don't even pretend to care. They take pride in being deceitful. They believe dishonesty is an act of virtue. They are the equivalent of the Taliban. They (Tea Party) exploit and hide behind Christianity just as casually as Muslim extremists exploit and hide behind Islam.

You think Democrats are honest and have integrity so it's hard to take your opinion very seriously,

The real Tea Party(not the fake co-opted one the GOP estrablishment tries to piggyback) are against these wars, they're against the NSA, they're against the big business plot to further destroy the American worker by pushing amnesty.

The Virginia GOP has been in the midst of a civil war for the better part of a year now between the Cantor-establishment forces and the Tea Party-Cuccinelli ones.

Alex Jones is not a credible news source.

wtf does my post have to do with Alex Jones

It seemed like you were quoting him. Nm then.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Jun 2014, 3:52 am

Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Bad side to this is that Tea Party Conservatives are even more dishonest and lacking integrity than mainstream Conservatives. Tea Party Conservatives don't even pretend to care. They take pride in being deceitful. They believe dishonesty is an act of virtue. They are the equivalent of the Taliban. They (Tea Party) exploit and hide behind Christianity just as casually as Muslim extremists exploit and hide behind Islam.

You think Democrats are honest and have integrity so it's hard to take your opinion very seriously,

The real Tea Party(not the fake co-opted one the GOP estrablishment tries to piggyback) are against these wars, they're against the NSA, they're against the big business plot to further destroy the American worker by pushing amnesty.

The Virginia GOP has been in the midst of a civil war for the better part of a year now between the Cantor-establishment forces and the Tea Party-Cuccinelli ones.

If you can't back up what you say then don't respond to me, I don't respect quips. If you were trying to take a dig at what I said about amnesty then all I have to say is cui bono, why do think the Chamber of Commerce and the corporate overlords are pushing so hard for amnesty? In what ways does amnesty help the American worker, how does it help poor people in this country who are legal citizens?

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:05 am

Jacoby wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
khaoz wrote:

If you can't back up what you say then don't respond to me, I don't respect quips. If you were trying to take a dig at what I said about amnesty then all I have to say is cui bono, why do think the Chamber of Commerce and the corporate overlords are pushing so hard for amnesty? In what ways does amnesty help the American worker, how does it help poor people in this country who are legal citizens?

That's all well and good, but if you are really motivated by the plight of the American worker, then your cause is somewhat undercut by your endorsement of an arch capitalist organisation.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:19 am

Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
khaoz wrote:

That's all well and good, but if you are really motivated by the plight of the American worker, then your cause is somewhat undercut by your endorsement of an arch capitalist organisation.

As opposed to what? Corporatism is fascism and it is evil.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

Dox47 wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
The Democratic Party pushed hard to get this guy elected. The idea is that establishment Republicans are much harder to oust then some dude with no political experience who's going to get into office and make an ass out of himself like all the other Tea Party bigshots.

Somehow, I imagine your tone would be different if you were reporting Republican meddling in a Democratic primary, more outraged and less smug. I'm not convinced that's what swung it regardless, the anti-establishment streak runs deep in the GOP base, and Cantor outspent Brat 20-1, which would make any Democratic contribution spit in the wind.

Implying that they don't.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 12:25 pm

Eric the RINO is out.

ruveyn

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 2:29 pm

The really interesting question is, "where does this move the RNC?"

Immigration reform was a significant issue; and the punditry suggests that any attempt to address that before November is now dead. That leaves a much more open field for Democrats among Latino voters.

It also suggests that the RNC is going to have to move farther right than planned, in order to confront the Tea Party, and that means that Democrats will have an easier time tarring them with that brush in the effort to attract independent and swing voters.

Democrats probably have a little smile on their collective faces this morning, because the Republic road to reclaiming the Senate just became a little steeper.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 2:55 pm

Ted Cruz is a tea party favorite and he supports:

- citizenship for "undocumented people"
- Social Security and Medicare

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 3:38 pm

visagrunt wrote:
The really interesting question is, "where does this move the RNC?"

Immigration reform was a significant issue; and the punditry suggests that any attempt to address that before November is now dead. That leaves a much more open field for Democrats among Latino voters.

It also suggests that the RNC is going to have to move farther right than planned, in order to confront the Tea Party, and that means that Democrats will have an easier time tarring them with that brush in the effort to attract independent and swing voters.

Democrats probably have a little smile on their collective faces this morning, because the Republic road to reclaiming the Senate just became a little steeper.

The GOP shouldn't shy away from the illegal immigration issue, the political class and big business are out of line with the views of the American people regardless of how desperately they try to frame the issue in the media. Amnesty is not and never will be a winning issue, it's not something that independent voters are going to be siding with Democrats over. The GOP should be going after working class and minority voters over the issue since that is who it hurts disproportionately. The UKIP in the UK has had a lot of success doing just that. Oh how compassionate Chuck Schumer is to be looking out for Republicans, I'm sure he just has their best interests at heart giving advice on how to stay the majority. The smile Democrats have on their collective faces this morning is the same smile they have when a school shooting happens, their arrogance will be their undoing.