Page 11 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

GDT
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2020, 12:29 pm

May as well put myself up here.

I'm 30 years old and male from the joyous UK. I'm looking for a female to just well, see where it goes. Chat and what not, if we end up not hitting it off maybe we could become friends? Who knows.

This bit is less searching for someone romantically but if anyone wants to just casually PM me about anything then by all means feel free to, especially in these odd and crazy times it's good to have people to talk to.

Barneyisme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2020, 7:05 pm

what's the point? no one ever replies to these (honestly) and if they do its just for idle *chit chat*... but hey...

Barney here... real name graham, no one will reply but whatever...

38 years old - male - straight - looking for someone who *gets me* and loves to cuddle as much as i do... i am very open with my emotions (many think i am gay because of this)... i also *love* women... and i mean i love all of them (not all romantically ofc - maybe the right word is *simp*?)

I am sick of being so alone now (divorced back in 2014)... i just need someone to cuddle and be me with... if you want to PM me for more info then go for it... i am not going to discuss ALL that i am in a thread!

Barneyisme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2020, 9:02 am

well i did updated my avatar with my photo - it shows on my profile, but not here <<<

and proven no one replies anymore ;)

Akigawa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jun 2020, 4:46 pm

male
Oregon, US

diagnoses:
Aspie, general anxiety disorder, Adhd, depression
Looking for:
Partner (femboy, female, or trans) with fixations similar to mine
interests:
Video games, Erotic art in most of its forms, kink, cartoons, anime, and most recently programming from the 90s and early 2000s (partially as study)

Discord: Riverface#7356

For pics of me, here's my instagram

StonkBoyTrader
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2020, 3:42 am

Male
Nashville, Tennessee
Diagnosed with - Aspergers (ASD)
Looking for - a female, maybe one of my own kind lol
Interest - Stocks & investing, Music, TV, 420 friendly
Job - UPS, Union, Investor

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 6:50 am

The last few adverts are naff. Try harder if you're serious.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 7:11 am

Hey Barney, you would do better if you participated in other threads.

This particular thread is just an “introductory” sort of thread.

Frequently, people respond when you post in the “getting to know you” sub forum.

NickiMusic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2020, 8:13 am

Hi

Im Nicki, 50, female, West Sussex UK.

My last relationship ended 7 months ago. I’ve always been a serial monogamist. But at the age of 50 I think I’m now giving up. I read earlier that someone said that they had been on E Harmony. I ditched all of those dating sites years ago. Do you know one of the first questions that people ask if you go to a neuro typical dating site? “And what do you do for a living”. And as soon as they know that I do not work they are gone. I won’t be going to any neuro typical dating sites again.

I don’t know how I have managed it because I’m so socially inept but I have been married three times. Each time we met and lived together right from the start which apparently is strange? Who cares.

But now at my age and with my extreme social deficits and preference to stay in I think my options are limited to one. Which is stay single Nicki. :lol: Sucks because I’m a partner person. :|

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2020, 4:34 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Just to put a word out there again:

I've had ups and downs, and for most of my 30's I've avoided dating like the plague. I think I avoided it primarily because I found that, after a youth filled with rather disastrous interactions with NT women (them liking my looks but then not liking my personality, on repeat to the point of damage), that when I tried meeting people on EHarmony it became really clear that if I wasn't completely attracted I got cold feet and sketched out, and yes - I'd pretty much ghost girls I'd gotten close to on a personal level and I hated myself for that.

The real ethical challenge for me is that if I'm getting close to someone it's because we like and respect each other, if it weren't that way then we wouldn't be talking to begin with. So the idea of actually hurting people who I'd like and having no impact on those I don't like really bothers me. I also had some long-distance dating experiences that showed me the problems with building foundations of a relationship long-distance and online.

If I can give anyone advice on dating long-distance - at some point in the online relationship, before you invest the time and money to meet, you really need to webcam. I say that for a couple reasons - a) you need to be familiar with each other's nonverbal communication and energy and b) you need to see if there's chemistry over and above the intellectual attraction. Short of that you meet eachother and the lack of such preparation and ground work hits you like a ton of bricks.

That said - if anyone does find me interesting or attractive, I need to say it up front - I'm slow-burn. Best way for us to kick something off is talking about mutual interests and enjoying each other's company in those conversations. I'm in the mid-west US near the great lakes, will be turning 40 this year, and so it's probably best - if long distance - to stay within 500 to 1,000 miles.

I wish the best to everyone on here trying to date. It's not easy. Finding people who not only have compatible temperaments but can also can roll with your life changes, are flexible enough to buffer your oddities and you have the flexibility to buffer theirs - it's not easy. Keep up the good work and hopefully even if nothing pans out know that you're among hundreds of thousands, even more, who are in the same boat and that you're never alone in the profound sense of the word.

"(them liking my looks but then not liking my personality, on repeat to the point of damage)" - that happened to me too! They liked my looks and were hoping there was a normal person behind the silence - nope, once I showed them my true self, they lost interest and/or got scared away.

About me - I am 33, have a job, worked for the past twelve years and lived alone, can drive, don't smoke or do drugs, like Indian movies, radio, NYT, news, sitting at cafes, walking around town. I'm looking for someone physically attractive - haha shallow me! - and also someone I can grow the tiny part of my personality that is like NT.

JulianSpringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2020, 6:32 pm

Thanks for sharing

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2020, 11:17 am

Guess Ill add myself onto here

36 years old, from essex in the UK. Self employed, like photography and music (taught myself guitar). Im pretty quiet as guys go but open up pretty quick if i like someone. I have ADHD as well as ASD which turns some people off, but at least you know i have energy :). Like to keep myself in some semblance of shape, lift 3 times a week and do cardio or boxing 2. Love martial arts, comedy movies and crime dramas, rock is my preferred genre of music. Also a bit of a conspiracy lover, but not to a weird degree, just would love to know all the secrets out there in the world if i could.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 12:32 pm

Barneyisme wrote:
Barney here... real name graham, no one will reply but whatever...

nice...do it anyway...thats awesome (:

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 12:50 pm

Hello. I just read this post, which was started in 2014.

I don't know if anyone has considered setting up an online spreadsheet kind of thing that can include columns to accommodate everyone's preference.
Potentially, you could also include some information with regards to things that people like.

It may be possible to use google sheets or the free version of online excel, or perhaps access.
mySQL?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 5:52 pm

Years later this is going to be awkward, but whatever.

I'm a dude, that part was always certain. I always liked making and building things, crafts when I was younger, woodworking, metalworking, 3D printing, especially building electronic circuits. For the past few years my retrocomputing hobby has been a major thing for me. I like tinkering with things, electronics, and even cars. So I grew up to be an engineer. Went to college and did things there. Now have a job, a car, and a house. The general lack of people in my life is probably my biggest shortcoming.

<-- My age is whatever that says. Time's movin'.

I live in central Virginia, at the time of writing anyway.

Generally speaking I'm pretty useless at talking, even though there are some intellectual gears turning in my head. If you want to spend time with me think of something to do. I'm not outdoorsy but I do appreciate hiking, or going on walks in general, just not alone. I'm a mature adult, so doing adult things isn't off the table either.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2021, 4:15 pm

I am male, raised Jewish. I am not religious. I want to be friends with a girl raised Muslim and not religious. Combine our two cultures together.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 12:29 pm

Might be worthwhile to throw this out there in case there are many Aspy women reading this. I have no idea.

I am a 51 y/o man, Caucasian, 6', 177#, physically fit, independent, work full-time, own my own house.

Looking for a Caucasian female that has intellectual interests and hobbies, that keeps active and likes going hiking or bicycle riding, for a long-term relationship. I do not cheat or date around, I am really monogamous! Once I find someone, if things work out I just want to stay with them! I am also gentle and kind, really!

I've been living alone since my divorce in August-2020, have long since moved on, and am dating again. Ex is totally out of the picture. No kids, no roommates either.

I AM HOME ALONE... :lol: