Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dontwanttoknow
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2007, 7:40 pm

dexkaden wrote:
Alright, it sounds like you are having a lot of anxiety problems, not AS-type problems, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks to you & everyone...after reading all these I can really see the difference now. Yes, I think mine are mainly anxiety-related and I need to get back into therapy for that.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 7:49 pm

The type of changes that I get more anxious about are ones that call for me to be
'proactive'. For example,I've coped with redundancy twice but they were 'reactive'
situations where everyone was in the same boat and resigned to making the best of it.
On the other hand,whenever I've made a 'proactive' decision like changing jobs of my
own accord then I have more worries about whether it's going to go horribly wrong.
I also think there's a difference between anxiety about changes,which everyone has to
some degree,and the feelings caused by disruption to routines.As Dexkaden says,that
is more to do with the need for being in control.
I'm lucky in that whereas I like routines,I'm not obsessed with them,probably because I realise I'd get more anxious about wanting to stay in control of them,so I've learned to let go of the need for control to some extent.

mariiha
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2007, 8:05 pm

As a child I would create and pretend/interact different scenarios in coping with change; like I was my only real friend because it was too difficult for me to deal with real live people. All this was done within my own imagination/thought processing and no one around me was aware knew I was programming myself change. I still rely on this basic function.