ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 11:25 am

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 11:27 am

"Tyrion's" photo from high school.I also like him better than Mr.Thuglife.
I also liked hanyo's choice. :D Lets not leave out Shaggy from Scooby Doo.He may be a stoner slacker but he wouldn't murder the house pets like Thuggo would.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:28 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
smudge wrote:
The personality I find most attractive is this character, Westley from The Princess Bride:

He's witty, funny, skilled at sword fighting, handsome and most importantly - he's independent but always there for Buttercup. He has a sexy accent too. I don't care much for intelligence, although it's what fuels wit I suppose. I couldn't care less if he knew all about politics or any kind of science. Those subjects are too intensive (and boring) for my liking.

I would go gay for him. :oops: Probably doesn't help that The Princess Bride is a favorite of mine.

It's a great film.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:31 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ He looks like Prince Charming in Shrek movies.

Oh well...not surprising, smudge after all is a princess-wannabe. :lol: :trollface:

I'm gorgeous. You just jelly.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:49 pm

smudge wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
smudge wrote:
The personality I find most attractive is this character, Westley from The Princess Bride:

He's witty, funny, skilled at sword fighting, handsome and most importantly - he's independent but always there for Buttercup. He has a sexy accent too. I don't care much for intelligence, although it's what fuels wit I suppose. I couldn't care less if he knew all about politics or any kind of science. Those subjects are too intensive (and boring) for my liking.

I would go gay for him. :oops: Probably doesn't help that The Princess Bride is a favorite of mine.

It's a great film.

Absolutely. It's probably one of THE most quotable films of all time, as well. :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 2:13 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I was discussing this quote with a friend the other day and I don't think it's entirely true, if the beauty perception was random for every human, then things like that wouldn't happen, beauty contests wouldn't exist, models wouldn't exist, make up wouldn't exist, steroid injections wouldn't exist and... forget the media for a bit, in real life when one sees a person good looking, it's very probable that the next person will see him/her good looking too - this happens all the time in real life, a hot girl enters a room and you see all men notice her for ex.
I had a colleague who looked like a model, and wherever we go, girls kept telling me that my buddy is very handsome and asking if he's single.

The true quote should be <drums>:

Beauty is in the eye of the majority.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 4:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

I was discussing this quote with a friend the other day and I don't think it's entirely true, if the beauty perception was random for every human, then things like that wouldn't happen, beauty contests wouldn't exist, models wouldn't exist, make up wouldn't exist, steroid injections wouldn't exist and... forget the media for a bit, in real life when one sees a person good looking, it's very probable that the next person will see him/her good looking too - this happens all the time in real life, a hot girl enters a room and you see all men notice her for ex.
I had a colleague who looked like a model, and wherever we go, girls kept telling me that my buddy is very handsome and asking if he's single.

If we are just looking at people on face value and not developing actual realtionships then yeah there is a general concensus.

I hate to be a sap, but I think the beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing is more about falling for someone you didn't find attractive at first and growing to adore them. Somehow people can become more attractive when you get to know their personality better. Strange, but true. It's something about the tone of their voice, their mannerisms, the look in their eyes, the curve of their wrist. Those little things add up, so that when a person is not stereotypically attractive, not the sort who would front a magazine, they are still very attractive to you and it's very personal.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 4:30 pm

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

If we are just looking at people on face value and not developing actual realtionships then yeah there is a general concensus.

I hate to be a sap, but I think the beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing is more about falling for someone you didn't find attractive at first and growing to adore them. Somehow people can become more attractive when you get to know their personality better. Strange, but true. It's something about the tone of their voice, their mannerisms, the look in their eyes, the curve of their wrist. Those little things add up, so that when a person is not stereotypically attractive, not the sort who would front a magazine, they are still very attractive to you and it's very personal.

True, but here in this thread we are talking from shallow/fandom perceptive, not about love.