What do you think your reputation is?

Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 11:54 pm

On WP I think I'm known as the self-hating curebie. I think I'm also known for being a bit trollish. At school I think I'm known as the quiet anxious girl. On the okcupid subreddit I think I'm known as the depressed lesbian who is not ready to date and posts way too much. Anywhere else, I have no clue.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 11:57 pm

I'm not really sure. I don't think they think I'm that bad, though

I don't sense dislike towards you. They might think you're a benign troll.

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2014, 11:58 pm

Look ur not the only person who is pro cure here. My reputation in most places is pretty bad but I try to contribute as much as possible. I don't know why someone thinks being pro cure is negative + it doesn't really matter we are all in the same boat. I think ppl who think pro cure is bad are people who are really... don't get it like they're not profoundly affected enough where it matters too much for them. at least thats my $.02.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:39 am

oh god...at school apparently i'm known as the beanie wearing special kid, some people that have known me since jr high say i collect spoons. i stopped doing this 3 years ago. some think i'm artistic, others say i'm smart (i don't see how, i seem to be just as smart as any other person, maybe it's me way of speaking...?) other than that i wouldn't know.

i don't know about my reputation on here...if i even have one. i probably don't... only been here since march. :shrug:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:49 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
oh god...at school apparently i'm known as the beanie wearing special kid, some people that have known me since jr high say i collect spoons. i stopped doing this 3 years ago. some think i'm artistic, others say i'm smart (i don't see how, i seem to be just as smart as any other person, maybe it's me way of speaking...?) other than that i wouldn't know.

i don't know about my reputation on here...if i even have one. i probably don't... only been here since march. :shrug:

It must suck being known as the special kid. I really hope I'm not known as the special kid at my school.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 5:32 am

People apparently think I'm really sweet, innocent, childlike, gentle and kind, based on real life comments. Though on the negative side, I have been told that I am too easily influenced, overly sensitive/overreact to things, take myself too seriously, sometimes unintentionally hurt people's feelings by not reacting properly (such as not showing excitement over gifts, or unintentionally causing my mom to think she is a bad mother by continually repeating the question "Are you angry at me?") and not knowing how to handle the "give and take" of relationships.

On WP, I'm not entirely sure - but I do know that quite a few people tend to worry about me whenever I go on hiatus unannounced, so that must count for something. Oh and on the negative side a couple of times people got annoyed with me because I complained about my PMS too much.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2014, 5:53 am

I'm not sure how people see me in real life, opinions may vary by person I guess but for the most part I'm very forgetable and they never talk about me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 5:53 am

I always say: What's wrong with attempting to alleviate negative symptoms? Why would I want to continue to self-injure myself, say?

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 6:10 am

on here I dunno cause I'm still new You'd have to ask EzraS and/or TallyMan what they may think of me.

Off site and on various Billy Joel sites I'm kinda known as an unofficial encyclopedia of all things Billy Joel.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 6:26 am

Both here and in most parts of my real life (school, family) I am probably considered as a "know-it-all" - someone who has to disturb others and share his opinion just as he is an expert in this field. I really know a lot, I believe my opinions are right and I tend to "fix" others as long as I feel comfortable with the situation and they are talking about something I am interested in so I guess I can be seen as one. Their opinion about me is so strong that my parents or schoolmates don't believe me when I say I don't know or understand something.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 8:11 am

I do not know how I am perceived here. crazy old bat?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 8:13 am

You have the Glitz of Gleitz

MrGrumpy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2014, 9:10 am

When my children were young, my every idea was greeted with a roll-of-the-eyes and a 'here-we-go-again, it's another one of Dad's mad ideas' comment, and their Mother always either kept quiet or made her reluctance to take part very clear.

But we climbed mountains, we sailed the seas and we camped and biked. We watched the sun rise, and we watched it set.

I taught all three of them to drive and they passed their tests first time. I took an active part in their school trips and activities, even though the teachers obviously thought I was a bit of an oddball. Until recently, I would still occasionally get stopped in the street by a 30-year-old who remembers me from their junior school days.

Now that they are parents themselves, my children continually reminisce about the crazy things I made them do. They also openly criticise me for some of the crap which I forced them to endure. They frequently mention my rage attacks which I now understand were a major feature of their childhood.

All of my children show varying degrees of damage from their upbringing, but they are all successful in different ways, and they all want their children to be able to experience some of the stuff which we did together all those years ago.

The biggest problem my children have now is that I am no longer a ball of fire, and they can't decide whether to feel relieved, or whether to feel cheated!

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 9:19 am

1) I guess "Silly Argentinean" :lol:

2) Related to the forum, unrelated to autism.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 10:45 am

Rep, either on- or offline, shouldn't matter all that much. I have the feeling that, for a lot of people here, the way they imagine their reputation must be like, is more a reflection of how they perceive themselves, or more specifically the parts of themselves that they dislike. And I can rlate to that, because I'm often afflicted by similar insecurities. Yes, I too worry about how I come across to other people. But if I worry about it all the time, I'll just lock myself down.

Offline, I don't have a reputation per se, but I do know that I am perceived as a very aloof, distant person, with a severe lack of a sense of humour and a kind of haughty demeanor.
Online, either on CBR or here on WP, I'm fairly confident that I'm not well-known enough to have a reputation. Which is a blessing, really.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:46 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

It must suck being known as the special kid. I really hope I'm not known as the special kid at my school.

I've gotten a few patronizing/condescending comments throughout my life, but fortunately people for the most part leave me alone.
The youth culture where i live places a lot of emphasis on parties/social standing/stereotypical NT stuff, but on the other hand they're pretty accepting of people.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.