Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 4:17 pm

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but how do I wipe my butt without rubbing so hard that I bleed?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 4:31 pm

wipe gently. throw the tissue in the toilet. wipe gently again. throw the tissue in the toilet. repeat until tissue is clean after wiping. if you're female, wipe front to back to prevent infections.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 7:08 pm

It also helps to use good paper.

I don't like paper so soft it disintegrates as soon as it hits something, but I also don't like it so rough it's harsh on the skin. Fortunately most "bargain" papers are soft enough without sacrificing tensile strength for wiping.

Wipe gently. Wipe often until the paper is clean.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 7:08 pm

Check with your doctor as well. Could be that you have the initial stage of hemorrhoids. Sometimes the vein doesnt get pulled down all the way but its still partly 'out' and when you wipe you irritate it and it bleeds.

If that is not it then change tissue quality to softer types and don't press too hard.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm

I like to moisten a piece of tissue and blot to get the remaining poop after a wipe or two with dry tissue. Also, I shave down there. It's virtually impossible to get really clean with a bunch of hair in the way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 11:23 pm

I have found that it is best to use 4-ply paper, and to fold said segment of 4-ply paper in half diagonally, then to apply to area and push inwards about 1/2" and to twist 180 degrees [doesn't matter clockwise or counter], then remove, examine TP for degree of soiling, repeat as necessary. then use a moistened towelette to finish job if the soiling is stubborn. the additional benefit of the moistened towelette is the wetness provides lubrication to avoid chafing.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 6:17 am

Some people still use baby wipes because they work as a cleaning agent, treat the skin so it doesn't stay irritated, and they are flushable (even if you may need to flush more often).

Mugen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2014, 8:07 am

I find I barely need to wipe at all with an adequate amount of fiber in my diet.
You should get 14g fiber per 1000kcal.

So if you get more fiber in your diet you may not find this to be a problem any longer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 1:24 pm

the thing that separates us from the lower animals is that we wipe.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Jul 2014, 1:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
the thing that separates us from the lower animals is that we wipe.

:lmao:

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 1:58 am

This and that wonderful "backside-water-sprinkling" toilette, that we will get this autumn, when we are renewing our 50 year old horror toilette. *dance*

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:13 am

Schneekugel wrote:
This and that wonderful "backside-water-sprinkling" toilette, that we will get this autumn, when we are renewing our 50 year old horror toilette. *dance*

I hope that water is WARM.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 3:18 am

I am no expert yet with those toilettes, but I dont think so. (At least I expect a warmwater hygiene shower to cost extra.) Think of it that way, the cold water will add to the "freshness". ^^

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 11:35 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I am no expert yet with those toilettes, but I dont think so. (At least I expect a warmwater hygiene shower to cost extra.) Think of it that way, the cold water will add to the "freshness". ^^

getting a cold water injection up the tailpipe would cause it to clamp shut thus defeating the purpose of the cold water spritz.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

When I was in Japan the hotels were using a toilet that had a warm water + dry air system similar to the one in the pic.... tech that literally made using paper obsolete. I admit it took me a week to get the courage to press the button to try it out... but wow it does work very well.

In true Japanese fashion, the toilet had a dozen 'modes' in its menu... some were rather weird. :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

Dantac wrote:
When I was in Japan the hotels were using a toilet that had a warm water + dry air system similar to the one in the pic.... tech that literally made using paper obsolete. I admit it took me a week to get the courage to press the button to try it out... but wow it does work very well.

In true Japanese fashion, the toilet had a dozen 'modes' in its menu... some were rather weird. :P

can you describe the modes? in any case, for some of us there will always be uses for old-fashioned paper.