Post embarrassing/funny stories here!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2014, 7:17 pm

We all have that one embarrassing/funny story that happened to us at one point in our life. Why not post it here? No pressure, only share what you are comfortable sharing...

Here is mine:
This happened when I went to my cousins wedding in May. It was during the reception, I was sitting at a table with my sister and my other cousins. Dinner was being served and since it was a Ukrainian wedding (cuz thats my background), they were serving borscht (beet soup) which I don't like. But the server insisted I take one sip for "good luck". So I tried to, but I spit it out all over the table and everyone at the table was just looking at me. So much for good meal etiquette!! !

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm

I was trying to catch a chicken with a net when I tripped and fell like a board straight on my nose with my arm still outstretched clutching the net.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 9:15 pm

when i was in Mexico this january, i was at a party. and i had a nice shirt on that i never wore before.
there was an unopened 2 liter bottle of soda, and me being an idiot, decided to shake it.
a while later i came back and sat down next to it. some guy came to get some of the soda, he opened it and the soda sprayed all over my shirt...and my mom and everyone at the table was laughing
oh well
guess i deserved it... :lol:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Animelover
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm

This happened a long time ago, but a few years ago when I was learning how to ride a bike, I went down a hill really fast not knowing how to stop and my grandma couldn't catch up with me, so I hit a mailbox and fell into a ditch. :?

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 11:17 pm

Animelover wrote:
This happened a long time ago, but a few years ago when I was learning how to ride a bike, I went down a hill really fast not knowing how to stop and my grandma couldn't catch up with me, so I hit a mailbox and fell into a ditch. :?

At least you remember falling into the ditch. I only remember riding my bike down a hill screaming like Tarzan passing a kidney stone before waking up being dragged and asking how many kaleidoscope fingers I could see.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:40 am

when i was a freshman in high school, i had my foot in a muddy hole, my foot slipped and mud got all over the pants and shoes of a girl i had a crush on, along with her boyfriend, who she was kissing. obviously she walked away.

but she proceeded to comeback and hug me, "i'm not mad at you."

ta...taraienet elovet

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 7:26 am

Once I got stuck in the mud and my friends had to borrow a shovel from a nearby construction worker to get me out. :oops:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 10:22 am

When I was about 13 I was waiting at the bottom of my cousin's road on the way to school, because usually I met him there and we walked to school together. Then a small, white car pulled up on the curb beside me, what looked just like my granddad's, and sometimes he did unexpectedly come along in his car and offer to take us to school. So without thinking I got into the back and got myself comfortable, only to look up and see it was a man who wasn't my granddad at all. Luckily he was quite a friendly, jolly man, and he said, ''you're in the wrong car, mate!'' Feeling incredibly stupid I said ''oh, sorry'', and quickly got out. After that I felt so embarrassed for some reason, and it seemed to haunt me for the rest of the day.

A similar thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I was getting on the bus with my mum. She got on before me, but I wasn't really concentrating because I was reading a bus timetable I had in my hands as I was getting on the bus, and as I was walking up the aisle I just followed the woman in front of me who I thought was my mum (she was wearing the same trousers as my mum, what I could see in my periphery as I was still looking at the bus timetable). The woman sat down a few seats from the front, and I automatically sat next to her and put my bags down by the seat, and I was just about to say something, when I looked up and realised it wasn't my mum. I felt silly once again, so I said ''oh....I thought you was my mum'', and I looked around quickly and saw my mum sitting nearer to the back, and I quickly got my bags and dashed over to sit next to my mum. We did laugh, and I didn't feel that embarrassed because I'm older now and I know that everyone makes mistakes. :)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 1:15 am

a few days ago i was mixing cement with a shovel and...something happened and my shirt, black pants and shoes got coated in gravelly wet cement.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.