Do NT's have very limited social memories?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 9:32 pm

I ran into a pair of guy that I was friends with in high school till they started acting like total jerks.

It's been over a decade since I've seen them and after we had a pleasant conversation for a couple of minutes one of them asked me to friend him on Facebook.

Why did he do this?

What I should do?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 10:37 pm

sounds like he grew up.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 11:51 pm

Would you prefer that he was still a jerk?

Egesa
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jul 2014, 4:58 am

I expect that he didn't realise what a jerk he was, or remembers it differently. If it's possible not to hold a grudge, I think it's best just to let it go - he was an adolescent at the time after all.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 5:56 am

NT in the title - it'll be locked in 5 minutes. :roll:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 8:01 am

People change. Maybe they are older/matured now.

Go for it if you want to be friends with them again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 8:15 am

People are idiots in high school They know they were idiots in high school. They have a good memory of that. They don't want to be idiots as adults. Take advantage of an adult's insight. You'll go far that way.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 2:13 pm

Maybe he is one of those people that send friend invitations to everyone he ever known. I have a few facebook "friends" like this. We don't talk or anything but they are on my list and I am on theirs - just because we were in the same class in elementary school or something like that.

Magnanimous
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jul 2014, 7:32 pm

On average, mundies lead easy lives and don't really have to consider the consequences of their actions.
As long as nothing immediately comes back to bite them when they decide to be a complete dick to someone, they will be utterly oblivious to it happening and obviously won't remember it later.

Whether you choose to remind them or not is up to you.
I don't think you have anything to gain by associating with such people though.

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 11:10 pm

Maybe they matured. I'd give them a chance, if they are still jerks, you can always unfriend them

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 9:00 am

When one says "Mundies," does that mean "a person who is of this world?"

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 9:16 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
sounds like he grew up.

sounds like he was being nice just cause it doesn't matter anymore either way(unlike when the OP saw him in school almost everyday). :roll:

This is a common "cheap trick" that former jerks/bullies from school like to play when you briefly run into them years later.

Magnanimous
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2014, 5:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
When one says "Mundies," does that mean "a person who is of this world?"

... While that descriptor isn't exactly wrong, neither is it particularly... identifying.

No. Mundies = Mundanes = the normal, boring, unspectacular, myopic, deluded majority of humanity.

Very close crossover with the term "neurotypicals" .... though I also tend to exempt non-auts of a particularly unusual nature or high enough levels of intelligence as to behave adaptively rather than compliantly.

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 3:20 pm

Venger wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
sounds like he grew up.

sounds like he was being nice just cause it doesn't matter anymore either way(unlike when the OP saw him in school almost everyday). :roll:

This is a common "cheap trick" that former jerks/bullies from school like to play when you briefly run into them years later.

I've run into such jerks.

Thankfully the guy in the original post wasn't a bully and he seems to have had some reality beaten into him.

In any case I elected to contact him via PM on facebook and he hasn't responded so s---w 'em. 8)

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

I wish I knew the answer to the ops question. They have selective memory it seems. This is one area where im totally unable to make any real conclusion. Logic tells me that most people regard most other people with indifference

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3