Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm

I consider myself a humanitarian rather than a misanthrope, but sometimes I really wonder if people are in fact mostly wicked in nature. Being mean seems to be equated with being "cool" or "strong" in our pop culture, while kind people are viewed as "square" or even cowardly. In ancient times people would be executed in horrible ways for practically nothing, human trafficking is done on the order of millions to this day. Even nice people are for the most part sadistic and cruel when it comes to people have committed crimes; personally I think many of these people are secretly sadistic towards everyone.

I don't think other species of animals are better either. They're just not advanced enough to make up and express rationalizations for their barbaric behavior.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm

Nah, people are just stupid and uninformed. Many people believe that once you send enough criminals to the gallows or to jail the problem of crime will be solved (and if it doesn't work, at least we made the bad guys suffer).

Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm

Autistics aren't evil. We are auto directed. The world is evil. Children aren't born evil. Stay naive and true to your own nature.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm

The topic makes me think of this:

Quote:
One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ?My son, the battle is between two ?wolves? inside us all.One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.?

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ?Which wolf wins??

The old Cherokee simply replied, ?The one you feed.?

http://wizdompath.wordpress.com/2008/03/05/an-old-cherokee-tale-of-two-wolves/

donnie_darko wrote:
I don't think other species of animals are better either. They're just not advanced enough to make up and express rationalizations for their barbaric behavior.

For them it's more about survival and past experience that drives them than the kind of malice humans are notorious for....

And to add to that; we humans typically have more capability than we can effectively control.

Last edited by Raptor on 15 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm

humans by nature are vary self centered and selfish, and they like to keep others below them out of a sense of security and control of their environments and social situations. just remind your self, humans are evolving from animals into something else.