Palestinian boy 12, vows vengeance against Israel

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 1:35 pm

The IDF gives the world a free lesson in how to create terrorism by providing propaganda and support for the very enemy you are trying to undermine.

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-07-14/gaza ... vengeance/

My deviant art profile

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

And so the cycle of tit for tat killings continue for the foreseeable future...

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

^^ These people in the Middle-east burned their ships behind them a long time ago. I don't think anyone really expects peace anymore. I'm not sure why they even try anymore.
I understand the feelings of revenge. Once your family gets killed, any reconciliation is pretty much out of the picture. People will make peace with the murderers of their family once they hang from a tree.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 4:32 pm

trollcatman wrote:
^^ These people in the Middle-east burned their ships behind them a long time ago. I don't think anyone really expects peace anymore. I'm not sure why they even try anymore.
I understand the feelings of revenge. Once your family gets killed, any reconciliation is pretty much out of the picture. People will make peace with the murderers of their family once they hang from a tree.

if outside governments would stop funding the extremist on both sides things would eventually equalize but that will never happen you cant sell bombs without war

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 5:11 pm

While the Palestinian side draws up a treaty for a 10 year peace proposal, Israel launches so called 'warning rockets' at a Gaza city hospital full of sick and injured people, warning them to evacuate before a full scale bombing hits it.

Of course you wont hear any of this on BBC-CNN-Fox.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali ... uce-israel

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/nor ... e-imminent

My deviant art profile

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 6:12 pm

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 11:26 pm

Just sell both sides a few https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQdeAeOEg4 then the middle east will be a parking lot!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 10:16 am

thomas81 wrote:
While the Palestinian side draws up a treaty for a 10 year peace proposal, Israel launches so called 'warning rockets' at a Gaza city hospital full of sick and injured people, warning them to evacuate before a full scale bombing hits it.

A 10 year truce is not peace. A truce is what people do when they want more time to prepare for war.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

trollcatman wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

A 10 year truce is not peace. A truce is what people do when they want more time to prepare for war.

Yes, damn those Palestinians for having the temerity to want to fortify their territory against Israeli attacks.

My deviant art profile

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 11:44 am

^^ You were the one calling it peace.
And I'm not even saying it's the wrong thing to do. Clearly the Palestinians are the underdog right now. Waiting may very well turn out to be a good strategy, with changes in demographics or the economy it's possible the Palestinians will come out on top in the end.
But I have no illusions about the people over there wanting peace, on both sides.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

What's peculiar, is that Hamas deliberately use civilians as expendable cannon fodder just to spread their propaganda.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 12:00 pm

trollcatman wrote:
^^ You were the one calling it peace.

Perhaps if the Gazans had an effective military deterrence to speak of, then peace would be more likely.

The current Israeli strategy makes peace more unlikely, for reasons eloquently illustrated in the OP.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 12:02 pm

Kurgan wrote:
What's peculiar, is that Hamas deliberately use civilians as expendable cannon fodder just to spread their propaganda.

Where on that pathetic sliver of land, are they supposed to conduct operations where no civillians are in the crossfire?

As for Israel's so called 'knock on the ceiling' strategy evacuees cannot run more than a few blocks from an Israeli bombing before running into another one. That is why their facade of a humane strategy is an opaque PR lie.

It has also been criticised by Amnesty International for its cruelty.

My deviant art profile

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm

Kurgan wrote:

They are militant Islamists. That pretty much sums it up.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 12:11 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

They are militant Islamists. That pretty much sums it up.

This is a map of Gaza. As you can see its pathetically small and hardly any room for maneuver. There is one million people squashed in there.

There are few if any operable vehicles, families are dependent on walking and donkeys to get around.

Israel is using ranged, inaccurate weapons with high splash damage to eliminate individuals or groups of individuals.

That says more about Israel's cavalier disregard for civillians than militant Islamists.

My deviant art profile

Last edited by thomas81 on 17 Jul 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 12:17 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Where on that pathetic sliver of land, are they supposed to conduct operations where no civillians are in the crossfire?

As for Israel's so called 'knock on the ceiling' strategy evacuees cannot run more than a few blocks from an Israeli bombing before running into another one. That is why their facade of a humane strategy is an opaque PR lie.

It has also been criticised by Amnesty International for its cruelty.

I'm not saying that Israel couldn't have solved the problem in a different manner, but there's plenty of hard evidence for the fact that Hamas deliberately place military property in close vicinity of kindergardens, schools, and residental areas--and for the use of human shields.