Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:06 pm

I wish our politicians would familiarize themselves with how these children have traveled to the US and why they left their homes (apart from the frequently cited claim that the Administration has led them to believe they could expect to be automatically granted legal residency).

I saw one news report in which a busload of these kids was surrounded by screaming people waving placards. I think such an experience at that age might emotionally scar someone for life. If their parents have wrongly encouraged them to emigrate then scream at the parents, not the kids!

Apart from strictly enforcing immigration law, I think the only real "solution" would require the cooperation of the US, Mexico, and the Central American countries these kids are leaving. However, as there is no real trust between any of these parties, it's unlikely anything constructive will be done.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm

The poor and middle class in the USA don't want to share their wealth with the absolute poor.

Americans howl about the 1%ers but when it comes to sharing their wealth, well then you see their true nature.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
The poor and middle class in the USA don't want to share their wealth with the absolute poor.

As I understand it, these children are not emigrating just for economic reasons. They are hoping for a chance of survival.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm

MaxE wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

As I understand it, these children are not emigrating just for economic reasons. They are hoping for a chance of survival.

President Obama requested 3.7 billion dollars to pay for them at least initially. That is money that could go to poor/middle class citizens, but will now be directed towards these immigrants. That provokes anger.

These are citizens of another country that illegally entered the US, and apparently need 3.7 billion dollars worth of stuff.

Obama requests $3.7 billion for child migrants
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/b ... 08657.html

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:24 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Americans howl about the 1%ers but when it comes to sharing their wealth, well then you see their true nature.

I believe you would find that the people protesting at the borders about these poor children are the same kind of people who vote for those politicians who are in the pockets of the 1%'ers. Most likely the large percentage of these people on the border with their signs are Tea Party supporters.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:42 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YW3bilXpU[/youtube] :roll:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 21 Jul 2014, 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt3of5KMvCI[/youtube]Apparently all whites must go back to Europe! LMAO what about those who are mixed with Native blood in them me included, with some Black foot Lineage? I find it funny because the Latinos are half Caucasian anyway and mostly of Aztec and Mayan blood any way little to no connection to most of North America, Central America maybe but not North America. Hypocracy indeed in a way they are being racist to themselves because half their lineage is from Spain and Portugal.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 1:10 am

^i'm a mestizo, i have some native blood in me. i live in north america.
also, the aztec empire was based in what is now southern mexico. mexico is part of north america.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 2:57 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Hypocracy indeed in a way they are being racist to themselves because half their lineage is from Spain and Portugal.

yes ....

"A 2012 study published by the Journal of Human Genetics found the Y chromosome ancestry of the Mexican mestizo population to be predominately European (64.9%), followed by Native American (30.8%) and African (4.2%)".

"A study conducted by Mexico's National Institute of Genomic Medicine (INMEGEN) reported that mestizo Mexicans are 58.96% European, 35.05% "Asian" (Amerindian mostly), and 5.03% African. Sonora shows the highest European contribution (70.63%) and Guerrero the lowest (51.98%) "

source,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_pe ... n_genetics

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 6:39 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
MaxE wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

President Obama requested 3.7 billion dollars to pay for them at least initially. That is money that could go to poor/middle class citizens, but will now be directed towards these immigrants. That provokes anger.

It's also $3.7 BILLION that we don't have to spend. $3.7 BILLION the taxpayers are going to be on the hook for.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 9:22 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
MaxE wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

These are citizens of another country that illegally entered the US, and apparently need 3.7 billion dollars worth of stuff.

Obama requests $3.7 billion for child migrants
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/b ... 08657.html

Most of that money was going to be spent on efforts to reduce the number making it across the border and to speed up the proccessing of those who are in custody.

The Republicans can't make demands and then refuse to fund the meeting of those demands.
Well, I guess they can and will, but they shouldn't.

And just for the record, 33 children between 6 months and 15 years along with 26 mothers were just deported back to San Pedro Sula, Honduras, which currently boasts the highest murder rate in the world (beating out all of Iraq and Syria). There is a pretty good chance that many of these HUMAN BEINGS are not going to live long enough to get the opportunity to illegally enter this country again, so I guess all these concerned US citizens and politicians are now "saving the nation from an invasion."

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2014, 11:40 am

You have a choice between unfettered immigration or welfare and other public services, you can't have both. Big business supports amnesty because it keeps American wages low, our political class support it because they play a zero sum game of racial politics. It disproportionately hurts the lower and middle class of this country, who do we have more responsibility to help? It's sad that their countries are so awful but so is most of the world, one thing we could do to make things a lot better for them is to end our war on drugs but lets not pretend like that would fix life in these countries. Our borders need to be secured, we have so many troops overseas guarding foreign borders but not our own. End jus soli or birthright citizenship, to be a citizen of the US you should have to be born to a US citizen or married to one or to go thru the legitimate process of becoming one. After you've accomplish those first 3 ideas then you can start deciding who can stay and who has to go of those already here, mass forced deportation isn't realistic or even possible but maybe if you could get quite a few to leave voluntarily if you offered one time free fare back to their country and a couple grand cash for their cooperation. The money that they'd receive would in turn help the economies of their home countries upon return thus lessening the reason for illegal immigration in the first place.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:52 pm

My biggest issue with the current state of our immigration affairs is the fact that well qualified, highly educated, and highly skilled people are not even bothering to try to get citizenship. The amount of red tape and scrutiny in place to "keep out the wrongkind of people" has become a deterrent, but not to those that it was intended to deter.
Gone are the days when over 90% of non-US PhD graduates became US citizens and over 50% of high technology start ups and job creators in this country were foreign born citizens. I think the rate of those from overseas that get an education here who even bother to apply for a temporary work visa after graduation has dropped to below 20%.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm

khaoz wrote:
Most likely the large percentage of these people on the border with their signs are Tea Party supporters.

sonofghandi wrote:
The Republicans can't make demands and then refuse to fund the meeting of those demands.

Why are the protesters being characterized as only "Republicans" and "Tea Party" ?

I know people who vote Democrat but hate the immigration because they believe it brings in people who will gladly work for lower wages, and they believe these people will will displace the middle class.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 6:45 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:

Why are the protesters being characterized as only "Republicans" and "Tea Party" ?

I know people who vote Democrat but hate the immigration because they believe it brings in people who will gladly work for lower wages, and they believe these people will will displace the middle class.

Just for the record:
The statement you quoted was specifically about congressional Republicans who continue to demand action on the current influx and refuse to fund any efforts to do so, not about the protesters.

But in that vein, the vast majority of the people I work with are Democrats, and I have not found a single one who is not thoroughly disgusted by those protesters. Although maybe it is just union members and/or federal employees and not Democrats. The reason I believe the majority of those protesters are Republicans and Tea Party extremists is because Republicans leaders are the only ones publicly encouraging these protests and because nearly every image or video of the protests show people with signs with slogans frequently tossed around by them. It seems unlikely to me that Democrats are suddenly going to start carrying signs about the evils of Obama because they suddenly fear children on buses.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 12:29 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^i'm a mestizo, i have some native blood in me. i live in north america.
also, the aztec empire was based in what is now southern mexico. mexico is part of north america.
Only parts Mexico used to be in North America were California, Texas Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado. Otherwise Mexico is technically part of Central America. That was all lost after the Alamo and Gadsden purchase.